Image/Texture Help

Kayle

Is that when folks start heading back to school so the drama queens get extra bored on their own muds and come out to play in public instead? whistle.gif

Something like that. Every major drama production there has happened in August. It's also the month locke comes out of hiding to remind the world they're all code thieves.

Hmm, I honestly can't say that I'd ever realized it was so consistent, for either activity but even if the drama queens didn't come out to play, for a change, Locke's annual return would be enough by itself to qualify.

I think the last major flare-up was... the IMC2 thing where Davion pushed like 80% of the active MUDs on the network away and we all switched to Crat's I3->IMC2 bridge.

I think the last major flare-up was... the IMC2 thing where Davion pushed like 80% of the active MUDs on the network away and we all switched to Crat's I3->IMC2 bridge.
I'd be afraid to ask who "we all" constitutes. My mud' date=' at the time made no such change.. and I'm not really clear on why switching to Crat's I3->IMC2 bridge would have any real impact on IMC2, let alone Davion... :shrug:
Right' date=' I forgot about the occasional less major flare-ups that happen in November :P[/quote']:lol: Well, I suspect there are really minor flare-ups that happen pretty much randomly throughout the year as well. ;)

So just how off topic can we go....Apparently the MB-IMC2 is now a ghost town or something. Kind of sad in a way, but there it is. Also ironic that the shitstorms didn't die out with my departure, but I did tell people that wouldn't change a thing :P

Had we drifted off-topic again? Oops... :redface: :whistle:It is a bit sad, but I don't have any trouble at all in seeing how it got that way... :headbang:Yes, it is and yes, you did. Others amongst us had said the same at the time and we're handily ignored too. Go figure. :shrug:

Well, let me see... Off the top of my head...MW, SW:TSW, 7thPlane, AF_Dev, SWNG.There are others, I just can't think of them right now, and if I alt+tab out of this game, it'll crash, so we'll have to go with that for now.I actually got the bridge backwards, it's an IMC2->I3 bridge. We connect our IMC2 clients to it, and it converts our packets to I3 packets and allows us to be on the I3 network that Crat runs with Aidil, without having to install an I3 client.And I don't find it sad at all that MudBytes IMC2 is dead/dying/empty. It was Davion and Kiasyn's fault, they changed rules to enforce them on Crat. Davion came out several times and said that he didn't give two shits what Crat had to say about any topic for the express reason that Davion doesn't like him. Davion would punish Crat on IMC because of things he did on MudBytes itself, or punish Crat on MudBytes for things he did on IMC. Both Davion and Kiasyn would enforce the rules when it suited them, and never with any consistency.I'll be the first to admit that I expected switching to I3 to be like IMC2 was, where anything goes. But it's not. There are guidelines for every channel, and they get followed. If a channel is PG-13, it stays PG-13 and no one is exempt from those rules, if Crat slips up and swears on a PG-13 channel, he bans himself from the channel for the appropriate amount of time. There are channels that are "free-for-all" areas, (free_speech comes to mind), but most of them are moderated with a pretty even keel. Like, I said, no one's exempt form the rules on I3. It's the opposite on IMC2, if you're Davion or Kiasyn's buddy, you can do/say whatever you want, but if they don't like you, you get hit with the full set of rules over the tiniest little things.[Edit:] I forgot to mention how much the MudBytes Homepage sucks ASS now. I don't even use it anymore, all my bookmarks are set to go right to the Recent posts page.And yeah, we drifted quite a bit. But in the interests of returning to the current topic, here's the two front runners for the images:imperium.pngThis is the result of my tinkering with the initial image Hana sent to me. The initial image had a great backgound (as still visible), but the symbol felt a little off to me, so I restored the original, and did my best to make the cloth texture show up on the symbol as well as the background, and this is the result.imperium2.pngThis is the second image Hana sent to me, and I love it. It's absolutely beautifully crafted and looks great. The only problem I have with this one is that the other people working on this project with me like the colors of this one, but the look and feel of the above image. So using the guides Hana showed me, I'm going to see if I can't make some kind of compromise so they'll shut up, but find a use for this picture too. Because I <3 this one.

Aww, you're sweet. :)I'm assuming you mean you want the better coloured wolfie in pic #2 to go with pic #1.Open the last file I sent you. Hide the 2nd pic background wavy fabric layer and unhide the first pic background wavy fabric layer. The colour will still be off so on that first pic background layer go to Image > Adjustments > Desaturate. Now go to the actual 'background' layer - the purple layer - and adjust the opacity down to about 90% (looked good to me), or play with it till you like it. You can also always adjust the Saturation of the purple layer as you lower opacity.

Honestly, it was more like that "Image > Adjustments > Desaturate" and that fun spelling of color, but ok, I'll also accept that "wavy fabric layer" sounds jargonish too. ;)