Arg!

Sigurð Stormhand

Ok, so I'm ready and able to st art work and now the construction set hangs every time I click the icon or the exe, it opens gets as far as "initialising facegen" and hangs forever. The wierdest thing is that it was working earlier today and all I've done is esmify some esps to make patches. I've shut the computer down, I even tried reinstalling the sodding thing.Help?

This probably won't make you feel any better, but it's what I found. I could swear I've heard of this happening at least a couple times, but can't find the threads.

Bethesda's search function is crap. Not like QSFP's is much better, but still. Have you tried deleting constructionset.ini and seeing if it will start then?Otherwise, yes, I could swear there was a solution to this around somewhere but it seems lost to the sands of time now.

Bethesda's search function is crap. Not like QSFP's is much better' date=' but still. Have you tried deleting constructionset.ini and seeing if it will start then?

Otherwise, yes, I could swear there was a solution to this around somewhere but it seems lost to the sands of time now.[/quote']Yep, ini dead as well. Then tried starting Oblivion itself - it hangs forever as well and OBSE declares "cannot inject dll".I'm going to spend the morning using TES4Files to extract my own unreleased mods, then I'm doing a ground-up re-install for OOO+MMM (my standard set up, can't be doing with FCOM).Something is obviously really wrong, because a complete CS uninstall re-install didn't help either.

Keeping in mind that I've never so much as opened the construction set myself, the general symptoms sound like a corrupted registry key that's not being deleted nor overwritten on uninstall/reinstall to me. :shrug:

Conner, that's certainly a possibility.My install was stupidly messy anyway, this is a good reason to fix that. If it's still brocken then I'll look in the registry.

got as far as mmm for ooo, and got the "couldn't inject dll" error from obse again, but only once.Hmmm.....

I'm not entirely sure you're speaking the same English as me at this point, Sigurd, but overall, I'll second Hana's expression of sympathy.

I'm not entirely sure you're speaking the same English as me at this point' date=' Sigurd, but overall, I'll second Hana's expression of sympathy.[/quote']MMM and OOO, i.e. Martigen's Monster Mod and Oscuro's Oblivion Overhall.Thankfully I don't "do" FCOM, so that's not a worry.Uniquie Landscapes next, then armour, quest and content mods, then my stuff, then Better Cities.Then AFK work, then we're a go.Unfortunatly, I accidentally deleted about 10 retextured meshes before the uninstall, because I didn't manually copy over the "Dwip" folder. TES4Files missed them because I didn't package up the Kvatch tomb esp. Thankfully though, I'm obsessive enough that I extracted all my esp's before the uninstall manually anway.So oly about 30 minutes work lost.

It was just a roof mesh and about 10 retextured tunnel pieces, it's just a pain because now I have to re-extract all the meshes and textures.

You're talking out of my league now, but it sounds like only a minor hassle compared to what it could've been.

Good news, the re-install is virtually complete and everything seems fine. All that is left are the Companion NPC's and facial texture mods.

A lengthy process, but it does sound as though it was with fewer major snags than Hana's, or at least easier to resolve snags. ;)Gratz! :grinning:

It is mostly done in tems of installs, but I still need cosmetic mods, companion mods, and the stuff I was working on. Even then, mod cleaning will take another day or so.However, I will be able to start work once I have confirmed the install is functional, fine tuning for play can wait until later.

Yes, a modded game install for Oblivion can take eons if the entire Data folder isn't simply backed up enmasse like I do. Large external HD ftw.

:nod: I really need to get my external hard drive replaced and back online again. :sigh:I had been doing backups for pretty much my whole network that way but a few months ago my external drive died and I haven't been able to afford to replace it yet. :(