Building a Castle...

Kayle

No, they're sloppily created because their internal CS is just as bug ridden as the one we got. As far as compatibility, Bethesda lives by the same rules as the rest of us and IMO the DLCs were placed properly enough to not be an issue when they were released.That is, until CSE came along. I must sound like a broken record by now but it really is the miracle worker I say it is, to an extent. I mean, you really have to try to generate wonky results with it. I've yet to save a dirty edit while doing normal editing that wasn't already present (so no, can't use it to clean).

I really should show some shots of this masterwork' date=' shouldn't I?**Some Irony intended.
Irony or not, we love screen shots here. ;)@Samson: There is one real justification for disliking mods of DLCs, because they're DLCs there's not as wide a potential audience.

That is' date=' until CSE came along. I must sound like a broken record by now but it really is the miracle worker I say it is, to an extent. I mean, you really have to try to generate wonky results with it. I've yet to save a dirty edit while doing normal editing that wasn't already present (so no, can't use it to clean).[/quote']Yeah, just got it working, looks useful. Haven't tried any of it yet though.

@ Conner: It seems to me that because there DLC's it would *widen* the potential audience. Especially among the steam users, who get the DLC's automatically.

Does Bethesda include all the DLCs in the GOTY edition? If not they really should have. They did all come with the KOTN CD when it was released, which is how I got them all. Had to buy Battlehorn separately though.

Well, no. if you get the GOTY edition in the store, you still have to buy Battlehorn seperately. If you get the steam goty deluxe edition, you get them all, plus morrowind. I got the steam edition because I got sick of everytime I went to Beth's download page for the patches and stuff, they were always closed for repairs.

Ok, so GOTY does come with all the DLCs then? Why is this information so hard to find?Why would they not put Battlehorn in the GOTY pack?

Well they were wrong then weren't they? :)I have and always will prefer to get my games in their nice retail box containers and NOT be forced to download them in order to play them.

Yes. I also don't like that now, even if you "do" go to the store and buy it, you still have to use steam to play. (I.E. New Vegas) I wonder if they'll do that with Skyrim.

@ Conner: It seems to me that because there DLC's it would *widen* the potential audience. Especially among the steam users' date=' who get the DLC's automatically.[/quote']Maybe that works for the steam users, but for those of us who bought the game on CD, not so much.
Does Bethesda include all the DLCs in the GOTY edition? If not they really should have. They did all come with the KOTN CD when it was released' date=' which is how I got them all. Had to buy Battlehorn separately though.[/quote']My GOTY edition of the game came on a CD and included KOTN but not any of the other DLCs, not even a code or some such to be able to download any of 'em free. :shrug:
Well' date=' no. if you get the GOTY edition in the store, you still have to buy Battlehorn seperately. If you get the steam goty deluxe edition, you get them all, plus morrowind. I got the steam edition because I got sick of everytime I went to Beth's download page for the patches and stuff, they were always closed for repairs.[/quote']Well now I feel cheated.. :sigh:
Then they figured pretty much everyone prefered just to download stuff' date=' so...[/quote']
Well they were wrong then weren't they? :)I have and always will prefer to get my games in their nice retail box containers and NOT be forced to download them in order to play them.
Amen to that.
Yes. I also don't like that now' date=' even if you "do" go to the store and buy it' date=' you still have to use steam to play. (I.E. New Vegas) I wonder if they'll do that with Skyrim.[/quote'']Oh I seriously hope not. :(

All signs point to it and the mods at BGS have taken to locking threads discussing it, which isn't a good sign IMO. I wonder if they realize just how many sales the forced use of Steam has cost them for F:NV?

My GOTY edition of the game came on a CD and included KOTN but not any of the other DLCs' date=' not even a code or some such to be able to download any of 'em free[/quote']You have to have the GOTY with Shivering Isles, and you have to browse the dvd, then manually install them into your data folder.

I do? Why would they make different GOTY editions? And if they're going to include extras, why wouldn't they include an installer aware of the extras?!? :facepalm::crazy:

And they don't "tell" you this either. You actually have to go to their website to find this out...Anyway, there's a GOTY that's version 1.0 (and a bunch of 0's on forever) that comes in like a sucky white box. That one has Orrey, but that's all-and when you install it, it says that it can't find the master file...(you know the drill), and you have to go online and patch it.Then there's a GOTY that's version 2.12 (something something) that has Orrey, Thieves Den, and another one I can't name right now. (Has to do with Dagon's useless dagger). Then...same drill. This one comes in a blackish box.

All signs point to it and the mods at BGS have taken to locking threads discussing it' date=' which isn't a good sign IMO. I wonder if they realize just how many sales the forced use of Steam has cost them for F:NV?[/quote']then I suppose I won't be buying it. :facepalm:I never bought Mass Effect.I feel that was a pretty big sacrifice for my principles.

All well and good, but unfortunately not even Steam will prevent me from getting Skyrim, but it will not touch this system one second before it's absolutely necessary if it's infected with it.

That's true, plus the send you the latest news related to your games. I'm glad I got it, (well maybe except the part you can't launch your game if your not connected w/o relaunching steam in "offline" mode.)

Then again' date=' there are [i']some[/i] advantages to steam, as well. Like not having to worry if you have the latest update... :smile:
That can also work against you. Think Fallout 3 and the loads of bugs with the major patches. One of which never got fixed. Steam would have forced that on you. With FO3, you could happily ignore it and use mods to get around the problem.

And they don't "tell" you this either. You actually have to go to their website to find this out...Anyway' date=' there's a GOTY that's version 1.0 (and a bunch of 0's on forever) that comes in like a sucky white box. That one has Orrey, but that's all-and when you install it, it says that it can't find the master file...(you know the drill), and you have to go online and patch it.Then there's a GOTY that's version 2.12 (something something) that has Orrey, Thieves Den, and another one I can't name right now. (Has to do with Dagon's useless dagger). Then...same drill. This one comes in a blackish box.[/quote']That's just crazy. :crazy::(
(well maybe except the part you can't launch your game if your not connected w/o relaunching steam in "offline" mode.)
This really sounds like a pretty significant downside to me.
Then again' date=' there are [i']some[/i] advantages to steam' date=' as well. Like not having to worry if you have the latest update... :smile:[/quote']That can also work against you. Think Fallout 3 and the loads of bugs with the major patches. One of which never got fixed. Steam would have forced that on you. With FO3, you could happily ignore it and use mods to get around the problem.
Not to mention that, for those of us who can't download large files just any old time we want because of bandwidth restrictions, having it update itself whenever some new patch comes out may not always be a good thing.

And they don't "tell" you this either. You actually have to go to their website to find this out...

Anyway' date=' there's a GOTY that's version 1.0 (and a bunch of 0's on forever) that comes in like a sucky white box. That one has Orrey, but that's all-and when you install it, it says that it can't find the master file...(you know the drill), and you have to go online and patch it.

Then there's a GOTY that's version 2.12 (something something) that has Orrey, Thieves Den, and another one I can't name right now. (Has to do with Dagon's useless dagger). Then...same drill. This one comes in a blackish box.[/quote']

That's just crazy. :crazy::(

(well maybe except the part you can't launch your game if your not connected w/o relaunching steam in "offline" mode.)

This really sounds like a pretty significant downside to me.

Then again' date=' there are [i']some[/i] advantages to steam' date=' as well. Like not having to worry if you have the latest update... :smile:[/quote']

That can also work against you. Think Fallout 3 and the loads of bugs with the major patches. One of which never got fixed. Steam would have forced that on you. With FO3, you could happily ignore it and use mods to get around the problem.

Not to mention that, for those of us who can't download large files just any old time we want because of bandwidth restrictions, having it update itself whenever some new patch comes out may not always be a good thing.

Well, you "can" configure it to download manually or at a certain time. Sometimes, it can be a pain if your trying to play and it decides it's time to update, because, well-suddenly your not playing anymore and it says "(your game) is not available right now. Try again later" :angry:

Not to mention that' date=' for those of us who can't download large files just any old time we want because of bandwidth restrictions' date=' having it update itself whenever some new patch comes out may not always be a good thing.[/quote'']Well, you "can" configure it to download manually or at a certain time. Sometimes, it can be a pain if your trying to play and it decides it's time to update, because, well-suddenly your not playing anymore and it says "(your game) is not available right now. Try again later" :angry:
Yeah, that sounds pleasant enough, though Windows Updater will pretty much do even worse to you if you leave it set to auto-update and happen to be playing when it decides it's done installing a new update. :shrug: