Help: Need mesh editing

Arthmoor

So I have this tent, a modified version of Tent02.nif with the poles grafted from the interior tent. However, they are not aligned. I attempted to do so in Blender only to find out the export is busted because I've got PyFFI 2.1.6 installed.So could anyone who knows how to do this pop this baby into Blender and fix it up for me?It should be obvious once you have it, the poles around the outside need to be aligned so they fit with the pole caps, and the middle pole + metal support piece need to be lowered so they're not sticking up through the roof.I have thusly abused my admin powers to allow .nif attachments :)

The middle pole was easy. The outside poles, when lined up at the top with the caps, kinda sit halfway inside, halfway outside the tent. Is that acceptable? Or what side would you prefer them?

That sounds about right actually. The poles should be visible from either side in a normal tent, yes?Also, that middle pole needs collision if that's not too much trouble.

Uploaded. Joined the collision of the tent to the pole in the middle. You'll most likely have to adjust settings in Nifskope.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, I had to convert the collision type and adjust the BSX flags, apparently Blender thought it was supposed to be a skeleton or something. There was also some weird "BlendController" thing I removed.Looks good in the CS, I'll trot back out to the site to see it in-game shortly. Now if I could just figure out this portal background thing.

Oops, sorry, I always forget to check my export settings. :facepalm:You'll need a rabbit for the portal thingy.

I'm not sure I want to know....you bastard. Not only do you have a nif attachment, it's an oversized nif attachment!

Yes, yes it is. The good news being that you too can make oversized attachments, and they can also be nifs :)

I have thusly abused my admin powers to allow .nif attachments :grinning:
That's abuse of power?? :lol:
The good news being that you too can make oversized attachments
See' date=' now that [b']is[/b] good news. ;)

So, on to the new problem. My lovely grass plane mesh. It be broken. Broken as in one cannot walk across it, despite it having a collision shape.I bet it's something rather lame, isn't it?

I bet it's something rather lame' date=' isn't it?[/quote']Yep, you forgot to copy the the actual collision - NiStringExtraData line.There's also a NiBinaryExtraData line that I'm not sure will help too.

Looks to me like about half the collision has flipped normals. Also I'm not sure making it OL_TERRAIN instead of OL_STATIC is what you want, nor am I sure that your NiTriShapeData block wants to be CT_MUTABLE instead of CT_STATIC.Which is to say eek.I may or may not have the time today to fix this myself, but I can give it a shot.

It's set to OL_TERRAIN because that's what other terrain objects like rocks and stuff is set to, which seems to work just fine.The CT_MUTABLE thing, who knows, I don't remember where I modified this mesh from to begin with, but changing that didn't help anything.So it's probably that flipped normals crap again. It would be nice if it could be fixed in nifskope because that actually works :)

Yeah, not sure what I was thinking with the OL_TERRAIN bit. For some reason I was thinking the rocks were all statics.Query: This is supposed to be cell-sized, which is 1024, right? Because this plane is ever so slightly smaller.

It's exactly rfrmfloor.nif.Open both and make sure they're the same. (Hint, they currently aren't)

Actually no, it doesn't appear to be rfrmfloor.nif at all - that's constructed wildly differently. Something else entirely.Which isn't to say you couldn't adapt rfrmfloor.nif, although it's half the size and seems to have a non-standard origin point.

Is it a bad sign when I didn't need to ask where that nif was stored in order to find it? :PAlso, yes, that mesh actually has 16 verts as opposed to the 4 the grass plane one does. Not sure what you mean by non-standard origin point.I'm sure it would scale up in nifskope nicely enough, the terrain texture survived being set to 4x scale in the CS and wasn't distorted by that in-game.Also - CT_MUTABLE seems to be a common thing on the strips data, so I don't think changing that is a good idea.

Yes, that's where it is, point being I didn't need to ask, I went right to it :PI tried hijacking the collision from that nif to replace the broken one on mine, didn't work. Nifskope complained about mismatched versions, and the game crashed upon seeing it.And no, I don't think this was intended to be cell-sized. I certainly had no plans to make it that big.Hmm. Perhaps all it needs is to be imported into Blender, then exported? Could someone who can still do that try that, then post the file? Maybe then I can hijack the collision from the other mesh without a mismatch.

Not to detract from the topic too terribly, but..

...no :D smiley? Seriously?
Dwip's asking for a smilie.. it's clearly a mandatory add-on! We simply must link :grinning: to :D, Samson! ;)