[Wipz] Falinesti

Sigurð Stormhand

With all the talk of Eleswyr rcently I started thinking about Valenwood, the other province that shares a traverable border with Cyrodil.Partly this was because Eleswyr suddenly drops off into vanilla-unfinished scrubbland, something I discovered when I started looking at putting in border forts.Anyway, I'll save you my rambling.Falinesti is a city in a gigantic tree, in the download section here: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?a=files&s=viewfile&fid=51 you will find an esp for a proof of concept gigantic tree using resources from here: http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=37721I think it works, as far as it goes. The logs are very small and as a result when you blow them up to x8 the collision is a bit squiffy, but other than that, and a few minor oddities like rough joins between the logs it look like a gigantic tree! I have only done a part of the crown, but hopefully it should give you an idea that using the speed trees seems to work.You'll find two new map markers, "Falinesti Root" and "Falinesti Crown", one takes you to the base of the tree, the other the top.If I get a positive reaction here I'll contact the original author about using his textures and then go looking for a modeller.

Yeah.I realise nobody cares about Oblivion anymore, but I thought I'd share anyway. :tongue:

Incidentally, I totally nailed the location according to Dynamic Map. If you have Onra Valenwood Landscape installed at the same time you can actually see I dropped the tree right next to his Falinesti placeholder.I'm quite chuffed about that!

Incidentally' date=' I totally nailed the location according to Dynamic Map. If you have Onra Valenwood Landscape installed at the same time you can actually see I dropped the tree right next to his Falinesti placeholder.

I'm quite chuffed about that![/quote']I look forward to following your progress on this.

My current rig goes "Yurk" and CTD's with Onra's heightmap I have recently discovered, so I think this is going to be a stand alone city for the moment, though Arenthia might be worth a look, that was last done by Giskard, and it included woodelves with long green hair.So, maybe that needs revisiting.

My current rig goes "Yurk" and CTD's with Onra's heightmap I have recently discovered' date=' so I think this is going to be a stand alone city for the moment, though Arenthia might be worth a look, that was last done by Giskard, and it included woodelves with long green hair.

So, maybe that needs revisiting.[/quote']I believe that is the one where he connects every dungeon in Oblivion. If it is, well,...it wasn't well done and itself causes all kinds of CDTs.

Giskard is paranoid and delusional.but then, everybody here knows that.

Wait, he connected every dungeon in Oblivion to Arenthia?!? Why the hell would he do that? That goes beyond paranoid and delusional to outright evil and malicious.

Wait' date=' he connected every dungeon in Oblivion to Arenthia?!? Why the hell would he do that? That goes beyond paranoid and delusional to outright evil and malicious.[/quote']You asking "why" with regard to something Giskard did?Better to ask, "how will Ismerelda obliquiely refer to him next to avoid a warning on the official forum."

Wait' date=' he connected every dungeon in Oblivion to Arenthia?!? Why the hell would he do that? That goes beyond paranoid and delusional to outright evil and malicious.[/quote']I think by that time he was calling it the Kingdom of Almar. Where Drama Queen had this huge tree for an entrance outside Cheydinhal. He connects one dungeon to that, then to another dungeon, then to another dungeon... until they were all hooked up in a vast network/meta dungeon.Yes I did check every single one and found them all linked. And yes, it did frenquently crash that character while it was installed.Getting back on topic: I haven't yet had a chance to download this wip/alpha, but I will get to it later this week. I look forward to how you develop it.

Ah, ok. Makes more sense. Almar was a separate mod from his Elder Council mod that has Arenthia in it. The idea of an interconnected network of dungeons is cool, but not if he made it :P

Ah' date=' ok. Makes more sense. Almar was a separate mod from his Elder Council mod that has Arenthia in it. The idea of an interconnected network of dungeons is cool, but not if he made it :P[/quote']Particularly since just about anyone here could and would do it better.

Ah' date=' ok. Makes more sense. Almar was a separate mod from his Elder Council mod that has Arenthia in it. The idea of an interconnected network of dungeons is cool, but not if he made it :P[/quote']Actually, it's a very bad idea. Not only would it be impossible to organise and full off, which with sudden compass changes and a totally warped sense of space, it would almost certainly result in broken quests and constant monster-conga following the player.To say nothing of the vampires who wandered into the Zombie ruin and got killed, leaving you to wonder why the current dungeon is strangely deserted, and before you dissagree, I once had a situation where bad pathing resulted in guards leaving the stokade outside Battlehorn castle and walking all the way to Chorrol.

So, anyway, I see someone downloaded the thing.Come on, fess up, I can take it.

I was download no. 2. I just had a chance to load it up this morning. I'm having a really weird problem. When I have this active, OBSE won't launch. When I don't have this active, OBSE will launch. I'm stumped, any ideas?

Oh dear. No, I have no idea, all I did was place some statics and trees in an exteior cell outside the vanilla boundaries.I suppose it would depend on what clever OBSE modules you are running.

AVuncapperConscribeElys Universal Silent VoiceElys PluggyKyoma Menuqueare the plugins I'm using.For mods I have COBL, OblivionXP, TNOs map marker overhaul and quest log manager

Well, I'm not running:AVuncapper ConscribeSo something to do with one of those?

Ysne' date=' post the contents of your OBSE.log file when you try to launch with Falinesti loaded.[/quote']I'll get back to that later today. I'm having a nasty PMS type day today. Yeah I know, TMI.

In Spoilers.

OBSE: initialize (version = 20.6 010201A0)oblivion root = D:Oblivionplugin directory = D:OblivionDataOBSEPluginschecking plugin D:OblivionDataOBSEPluginsAVUncapper.dllplugin D:OblivionDataOBSEPluginsAVUncapper.dll (00000001 AVUncapper 01000100) loaded correctlychecking plugin D:OblivionDataOBSEPluginsAVUncapper_CS.dllplugin D:OblivionDataOBSEPluginsAVUncapper_CS.dll (00000001 AVUncapper_CS 01000100) reported as incompatible during querychecking plugin D:OblivionDataOBSEPluginsConScribe.dllSetOpcodeBase 000025A0RegisterCommand Scribe (25A0)RegisterCommand RegisterLog (25A1)RegisterCommand UnregisterLog (25A2)RegisterCommand GetRegisteredLogNames (25A3)RegisterCommand ReadFromLog (25A4)RegisterCommand GetLogLineCount (25A5)RegisterCommand DeleteLinesFromLog (25A6)plugin D:OblivionDataOBSEPluginsConScribe.dll (00000001 ConScribe 00000009) loaded correctlychecking plugin D:OblivionDataOBSEPluginsElys_USV.dllplugin D:OblivionDataOBSEPluginsElys_USV.dll (00000001 Elys_USV 0000005D) loaded correctlychecking plugin D:OblivionDataOBSEPluginsOBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dllSetOpcodeBase 00002330RegisterCommand GetEsp (2330)RegisterCommand CreateArray (2331)RegisterCommand DestroyArray (2332)RegisterCommand ArraySize (2333)RegisterCommand ArrayCount (2334)RegisterCommand SetInArray (2335)RegisterCommand SetFloatInArray (2336)RegisterCommand GetInArray (2337)RegisterCommand GetTypeInArray (2338)RegisterCommand RemInArray (2339)RegisterCommand FindInArray (233A)RegisterCommand FindFloatInArray (233B)RegisterCommand SetRefInArray (233C)RegisterCommand FindRefInArray (233D)RegisterCommand CopyArray (233E)RegisterCommand ArrayEsp (233F)RegisterCommand ArrayProtect (2340)RegisterCommand FirstInArray (2341)RegisterCommand DestroyAllArrays (2342)RegisterCommand PackArray (2343)RegisterCommand CreateString (2344)RegisterCommand DestroyString (2345)RegisterCommand SetString (2346)RegisterCommand StringEsp (2347)RegisterCommand StringProtect (2348)RegisterCommand StringLen (2349)RegisterCommand DestroyAllStrings (234A)RegisterCommand StringSetName (234B)RegisterCommand StringGetName (234C)RegisterCommand StringMsg (234D)RegisterCommand StringCat (234E)RegisterCommand UserFileExists (234F)SetOpcodeBase 00002378RegisterCommand RenFile (2378)RegisterCommand DelFile (2379)RegisterCommand StringToTxtFile (237A)RegisterCommand CopyString (237B)RegisterCommand IntToString (237C)RegisterCommand FloatToString (237D)RegisterCommand RefToString (237E)RegisterCommand IniReadInt (237F)RegisterCommand IniReadFloat (2380)RegisterCommand IniReadRef (2381)RegisterCommand IniWriteInt (2382)RegisterCommand IniWriteFloat (2383)RegisterCommand IniWriteRef (2384)RegisterCommand IniKeyExists (2385)RegisterCommand IniDelKey (2386)RegisterCommand EspToString (2387)RegisterCommand IniReadString (2388)RegisterCommand IniWriteString (2389)RegisterCommand ModRefEsp (238A)RegisterCommand GetRefEsp (238B)RegisterCommand StringToRef (238C)RegisterCommand StringCmp (238D)RegisterCommand FileToString (238E)RegisterCommand StringPos (238F)RegisterCommand StringToInt (2390)RegisterCommand StringToFloat (2391)RegisterCommand ArrayCmp (2392)RegisterCommand StringMsgBox (2393)RegisterCommand StringIns (2394)RegisterCommand StringRep (2395)RegisterCommand IntToHex (2396)RegisterCommand LC (2397)SetOpcodeBase 000023B0RegisterCommand FromTSFC (23B0)RegisterCommand ToTSFC (23B1)RegisterCommand StrLC (23B2)RegisterCommand CreateEspBook (23B3)RegisterCommand FmtString (23B4)RegisterCommand FixName (23B5)RegisterCommand ResetName (23B6)RegisterCommand HasFixedName (23B7)RegisterCommand csc (23B8)RegisterCommand StringSetNameEx (23B9)RegisterCommand StringGetNameEx (23BA)RegisterCommand FixNameEx (23BB)RegisterCommand IniGetNthSection (23BC)RegisterCommand IniSectionsCount (23BD)RegisterCommand RunBatString (23BE)RegisterCommand Halt (23BF)RegisterCommand RefToLong (23C0)RegisterCommand LongToRef (23C1)RegisterCommand FindFirstFile (23C2)RegisterCommand FindNextFile (23C3)RegisterCommand GetFileSize (23C4)RegisterCommand NewHudS (23C5)RegisterCommand DelHudS (23C6)RegisterCommand ScreenInfo (23C7)RegisterCommand HudS_X (23C8)RegisterCommand HudS_SclX (23C9)RegisterCommand HudS_Show (23CA)RegisterCommand HudS_Opac (23CB)RegisterCommand HudS_Align (23CC)RegisterCommand AutoSclHudS (23CD)RegisterCommand HudS_Y (23CE)RegisterCommand HudSEsp (23CF)RegisterCommand HudSProtect (23D0)RegisterCommand HudsInfo (23D1)RegisterCommand DelAllHudSs (23D2)RegisterCommand HudS_L (23D3)RegisterCommand rcsc (23D4)RegisterCommand HudS_SclY (23D5)RegisterCommand NewHudT (23D6)RegisterCommand DelHudT (23D7)RegisterCommand HudT_X (23D8)RegisterCommand HudT_SclX (23D9)RegisterCommand HudT_Show (23DA)RegisterCommand HudT_Opac (23DB)RegisterCommand HudT_Align (23DC)RegisterCommand AutoSclHudT (23DD)RegisterCommand HudT_Y (23DE)RegisterCommand HudTEsp (23DF)RegisterCommand HudTProtect (23E0)RegisterCommand HudTInfo (23E1)RegisterCommand DelAllHudTs (23E2)RegisterCommand HudT_L (23E3)RegisterCommand HudT_SclY (23E4)RegisterCommand PauseBox (23E5)RegisterCommand KillMenu (23E6)RegisterCommand SetHudT (23E7)RegisterCommand HudT_Text (23E8)RegisterCommand HudS_Tex (23E9)RegisterCommand SanString (23EA)RegisterCommand IsHUDEnabled (23EB)RegisterCommand IsPluggyDataReset (23EC)RegisterCommand FromOBSEString (23ED)RegisterCommand ToOBSEString (23EE)RegisterCommand HudT_Font (23EF)SetOpcodeBase 000023FFRegisterCommand PlgySpcl (23FF)plugin D:OblivionDataOBSEPluginsOBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dll (00000001 OBSE_Elys_Pluggy 00000084) loaded correctlychecking plugin D:OblivionDataOBSEPluginsOBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue.dllSetOpcodeBase 000025D0RegisterCommand mqSetMessageBoxSource (25D0)RegisterCommand mqGetSelectedClass (25D1)RegisterCommand mqGetHighlightedClass (25D2)RegisterCommand mqGetMenuTileChildren (25D3)RegisterCommand mqGetEnchMenuBaseItem (25D4)RegisterCommand mqGetMapMarkers (25D5)RegisterCommand mqGetMenuChildFloatValue (25D6)RegisterCommand mqGetMenuChildStringValue (25D7)RegisterCommand mqSetMenuChildFloatValue (25D8)RegisterCommand mqSetMenuChildStringValue (25D9)RegisterCommand mqGetMenuChildHasTrait (25DA)RegisterCommand mqGetMenuChildName (25DB)RegisterCommand mqGetMenuChildCount (25DC)RegisterCommand mqCreateMenuFloatValue (25DD)RegisterCommand mqCreateMenuStringValue (25DE)RegisterCommand mqGetMenuActiveFloatValue (25DF)RegisterCommand mqGetMenuActiveStringValue (25E0)RegisterCommand mqSetMenuActiveFloatValue (25E1)RegisterCommand mqSetMenuActiveStringValue (25E2)RegisterCommand mqGetMenuActiveChildIndex (25E3)RegisterCommand InsertXML (25E4)RegisterCommand mqGetCurrentQuests (25E5)RegisterCommand mqGetCompletedQuests (25E6)RegisterCommand mqGetActiveQuest (25E7)RegisterCommand mqSetActiveQuest (25E8)RegisterCommand mqGetQuestCompleted (25E9)RegisterCommand mqUncompleteQuest (25EA)RegisterCommand mqGetActiveQuestTargets (25EB)RegisterCommand InsertXMLTemplate (25EC)RegisterCommand mqGetMenuGlobalStringValue (25ED)RegisterCommand mqSetMenuGlobalStringValue (25EE)SetOpcodeBase 000026B0RegisterCommand mqSetMenuGlobalFloatValue (26B0)RegisterCommand mqGetMenuGlobalFloatValue (26B1)RegisterCommand ShowGenericMenu (26B2)RegisterCommand ShowMagicPopupMenu (26B3)RegisterCommand ShowTrainingMenu (26B4)RegisterCommand GetGenericButtonPressed (26B5)RegisterCommand SetMenuEventHandler (26B6)RegisterCommand RemoveMenuEventHandler (26B7)RegisterCommand GetMenuEventType (26B8)RegisterCommand GetFontLoaded (26B9)RegisterCommand UpdateLocalMap (26BA)RegisterCommand GetLocalMapSeen (26BB)RegisterCommand GetWorldMapData (26BC)RegisterCommand IsTextEditInUse (26BD)RegisterCommand GetMousePos (26BE)RegisterCommand SetWorldMapData (26BF)RegisterCommand GetWorldMapDoorway (26C0)RegisterCommand GetTextEditString (26C1)RegisterCommand GetMousePosInText (26C2)plugin D:OblivionDataOBSEPluginsOBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue.dll (00000002 OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue 00000009) loaded correctlypatchedOBSE: deinitialize

(edited to change to codebox tags - Arthmoor)

Random aside. I despise how every other forum package has changed spoiler tags to do what the old codebox tags did. Jerks :P