[WiPz:Oblivion] Frostcrag Village

Arthmoor

No, he's not going to show up. The whole great-uncle thing is just to offer a bit more than what you got from the quest pop-up and the memoirs. It's not particularly important other than me getting tired of referring to him as "the former occupant" or "that old codger" etc.

So is it a sign that while scouting locations for a small camp the place I picked for it is also ideal for another village mod? :ninja:

I think being able to have folks (and the quest pop-ups and memoirs) use a specific relationship title and/or actual name for this mystery person is very valid and well worth doing.Sounds like a sign that you're not done with creating new villages at least. Hopefully this time it's one that won't require a DLC. whistle.gif

I'm so gonna make a mod with an orc named Ineld Hlarys.Hey, Samson. I thought you wanted to make a village at my Snowy Dreams location? :P

:lol: Go for it! ;)Hey, that's right, he was. Guess that means two more villages are in the future for The Arthmoor collection then. :P

Uh, yes, at some point your Snowy Dreams location is looking rather tempting, but I'm also getting a bit sick of seeing snow in the CS and in the game. So a change of pace is in order once Frostcrag is done. Either a not-snowy village or maybe some prodding at the alternate start mod.One quest done, seems to be working. I'm able to reach all endings at least, so that has to count for something, right? :PNow on to opinions: http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/140/icetowerg.jpgThat tower will be involved later in the other quest, obviously not where I've put it. Does it look cool like that or could it use a bit of texturing help? Anything that gets done should remain looking like it's an ice tower. No stonework etc. It's currently set with texturesdungeonsmiscPalePassIce04.dds

So a change of pace is in order once Frostcrag is done. Either a not-snowy village or maybe some prodding at the alternate start mod.
Understandable' date=' heh. And yes you should take a poke at your alt start mod.
One quest done' date=' seems to be working. I'm able to reach all endings at least, so that has to count for something, right?[/quote']I swear you've said that before, and it was still broke. :)
Now on to opinions: snip
That's pretty impressive. Could do with toning down the bluish tint, and needs some shine but not so much to be blinding, just highlights here and there. Otherwise, love it.

I agree with Hana, take that much needed winter vacation in alt start land. Another village would be nice, but your ideas for a new alternate start mod sound impressive and would get more attention than just another village.Yes, tone down the blue a bit. By shine, I think she means a glint of sunlight reflection perhaps. I take it the present location is for scale comparison? It looks to be about 5 stories tall to me.

The texture is vanilla/QTP3 so I'd rather just leave it as it's consistent with the ice on Frostcrag Spire and in the Pale Pass worldspace.I was mainly after whether it needed more details, like carvings or something, but I guess not.For reference, it's a modified copy of one of the AU towers. So it's pretty high, but it's supposed to be. I also placed it here temporarily just to see it in game and get a feel for the height. I hadn't decided where it was going until about an hour after the pic was taken. It's going to be hiding somewhere you won't see it in LOD.It should already reflect sunlight fairly well. Can't see that in the shot though cause it's overcast.I also need a suitable door for it. A simple wooden one just won't do.

Nah, carvings or whatnot might change the feel a bit depending on where it's meant to go, but I don't think it needs them.It'll be somewhere that LOD doesn't show it, despite being that big? That sounds like a bit of interesting trickery in itself.Fair enough.A wooden door won't do? Does it need to be bronze? You'd better hope you never grab it with wet hands in all that snow and frosty coldness... :lol:

Well I was thinking something less wooden, more icy stuff, but I can't just retex any old door in blue ice. Actually, the Frostfire Glade door will do the job nicely.Yep, hidden from LOD because it's behind a mountain :P

• 1 month later...

Frostcrag Spire is now an official release, so no more need for a WiP thread :)