Issue with a CM Partner not attacking enemies during combat

GamerSince1992

Click on the NPC (the one that has a use count of 1 and not 0), click the AI button. This brings up a new window with his AI packages. This list is empty, according to Sigurð. Now, with this window open, go to the main CS window and there from the menu select Character -> Packages. This brings up a window with available AI packages. Find package called aaaDefaultExploreCurrentLoc256 and drag it into the package list window for Robbie. Save and exit.

I am not entirely sure it would help though. "Defensive Combat" flag is not checked on these packages, and I don't believe it is required at all. However, not having any AI can in itself be a problem, so this is definitely worth a try.

But pardon me.. all of them count 0 so which one?..

Did you mean the one with the name "sgUnkrobbierotten01"?

May be we don't have the same version? In my version the NPC that is used in game, is called "cmRobbie". He has no AI packages, his aggression is 5 and confidence is 50. This does not seem to be the same version as yours. I got mine here: Robbie Rotten CM Partner.

image.png.d0cd01ab3ffa637d26672a4a1e0b6cd0.png

Edited by Lena Wolf

I think you mean the construction set version because this is the only place you can get the character from.. obviously..

Just look at my main post and you will find the same link you provide here..

Anyway in construction set the only NPC are shown are the one in green in your screenshot the first one never appear to me for some reason..

Wait did you download the update?.. there's another .esp file the author provide as an update..

Yes, I used the update. So it is a different version of the ESP after all.

That's odd I'm using the update too.. but yet the first one not show up to me for some reason..

I think it's because I'm not using construction set extender.. maybe the author create the character with it?

That wouldn't make a difference. It's just an NPC, from what I can tell, nothing special there, so should show also in the standard CS. Hmm. I don't know what to suggest.

Posted (edited)

After I check the construction set once again I found out that the NPC that been used put in a race called "AngelNEWHAIR" I was look in the wrong race name "ImperialNEWHAIR"... my bad.. I'll do some testing and come back with the result..

Edit: well I did what you said and add the package but nothing change still the same thing.. no attack

Edited by GamerSince1992

Increase his confidence. It is quite low at 50. Put it at least at 80 or 90.

I made it 100 just like the other NPC who is not used, is this too much?..

4 hours ago, GamerSince1992 said:

is this too much?..

Try it and see what happens. You can always revert the change if you don't like it.

Normally confidence of 100 is only used for guards and bandits. :lmao: Basically, NPCs who will not accept yield and will fight to the death. Companions you usually want to survive, but whether confidence of 90 or 100 makes any difference in actual game play, I don't know. Try it and see. You can change his confidence at any time through the console like this:

setav confidence 90

You can see his current confiidence in a similar fashion:

getav confidence

Already tried that nothing change...

You know what.. I guess it's better for someone to take this companion and fix his behaving and re upload the .esp..