Smite of Order
This modification for the Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion adds a customizable Greater Power called Smite of Order to the player’s spell book.
The spell can be cast only once per day. When cast, the spell will freeze the target in place and the weather will change. A magical target will appear above the target. From the halo, a powerful beam is sent straight towards the target. Upon contact with the target, the beam will violently explode, killing the target instantly. The ensuing shockwave knocks everything out of the way in a large blast radius.
The original idea and working concept of Smite of Order were created by Jackmix69. With his permission I created and released an updated and less buggier version of the spell.
In order for this modification to work the following requirements must be met:
- The Shivering Isles v220.127.116.116
- Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) v0020 or later
Please note that the modification does not work on the base game, older versions of The Shivering Isles or pirated versions of the game.
This modification should be compatible with every other modification. No vanilla records have been edited.
Install the modification with a mod manager of your choice (e.g. Mod Organizer 2, Vortex, NMM Community Edition etc.).
If you wish to perform a manual installation, extract the contents of the archive to your Oblivion “Data” folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data).
Be sure to activate the modification and always start the game with OBSE enabled.
5 LOAD ORDER
Use BOSS or LOOT to sort your load order. Smite of Order can be loaded anywhere in your load order.
The Smite of Order spell can be customized through changing the settings in the Smite of Order.ini file. The file is located in the “ini” folder. Refer to the .ini file for more information on the configuration options.
You can uninstall the modification with the help of a mod manager of your choice.
In case you prefer to do a manual uninstallation, remove the following files from your Oblivion “Data” folder:
- \Smite of Order.bsa
- \ini\Smite of Order.ini
- \Docs\Smite of Order Readme.pdf
- \Docs\Smite of Order Readme.txt
8 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Is this modification compatible with OOO/Fran's/MMM/FCOM/Maskar’s?
A: Yes, this modification is compatible with all major overhauls.
Q: Is there any way to be able to cast the spell more than once per day?
A: Yes, change the properties of spell “a1SMOSmiteSpell” to “Lesser Power” or “Spell” using the TES Construction Set.
Q: Are there any known issues with the modification?
A: Yes, there are some minor issues:
- Scripted weather modifications may override Smite of Order’s weather controls;
- Scripted vanilla weather (e.g. Kvatch gate weather) may override Smite of Order’s weather controls;
- the spell is cast on Argonians or Kajhiits their tail will still look normal whereas their body will be turned into a skeleton;
- Exterior/interior switching issue (see next F.A.Q. entry).
Q: When I cast the spell and then quickly go into an interior and then back outside, the animations stop playing or other spell weirdness occurs. What is going on?
A. This is an engine limitation with regards to how timers in scripts work.
Q: My favourite colour is <insert colour here>, could you make a SpellBeam and matching
weathers and shaders for me?
A. No, sorry, I don’t have time for this.
Jackmix69 – Original base spell, scripts, idea, meshes etc.
OBSE team – Script functionality and debugging features.
ElminsterAU – For creating the amazing TES4Edit tooling.
v2.0 beta (2021/07/05)
- Removal from Nexus Mods
- Restructured ini file
v2.0 beta (2011/06/07)
- Rebuilt from scratch
- OBSE requirement
- Fixed majority of bugs
- Improved weather handling
- Added multiple spell beam options
- Added matching weather options
- Added matching shader options
- Added ini file for customization
- Original version.
- Do not upload this modification anywhere without my permission;
- Do not use this modification or parts of it in your modification without my permission;
- Do not re-release this modification under your name;
- Do not monetize this modification.
The voice files contained within this modification are property of Bethesda Softworks and/or their partners.