I want to create something similar to the Red Eagle cave where a specific object has to be placed on a pedestal in order to activate a door. How should I go about it?

Organical Mechanical

Specifically, I want four different items that'll activate four different pedestals that all need to be activated to open one door, and I want the items to be statically visible on the pedestal once they're placed.

I already know I'll need Papyrus-- I've been trying to find in-game scripts I could base my code off of, but I haven't had any luck so far.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be awesome!

Please keep in mind that herewith you are dealing with an old man's memory.  That said, there is a quest mod in the AE package (A Matter of Pride) where you have t go after a Goldbrand, an enchanted sword.  At one point in this quest, there are two items which must be placed on pedestals, and once placed become static objects which cannot be removed. 

Hope this helps.

Another example to look at is the skull keys in Ragnvald on Otar the Mad’s coffin. Two of them , which will help with the logic of checking for completion. 

12 hours ago, Scythe Bearer said:

Please keep in mind that herewith you are dealing with an old man's memory.  That said, there is a quest mod in the AE package (A Matter of Pride) where you have t go after a Goldbrand, an enchanted sword.  At one point in this quest, there are two items which must be placed on pedestals, and once placed become static objects which cannot be removed. 

Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, ghastley said:

Another example to look at is the skull keys in Ragnvald on Otar the Mad’s coffin. Two of them , which will help with the logic of checking for completion. 

These are absolutely perfect-- Thank you so, so much!