Simple Papyrus Script Failing to Compile

Organical Mechanical

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "BWD2nervousTIF__0510DD36"...
<unknown>(0,0): Unable to find flags file: TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg
C:\GOG Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\temp\BWD2nervousTIF__0510DD36.psc(3,0): Unknown user flag Hidden
No output generated for BWD2nervousTIF__0510DD36, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on BWD2nervousTIF__0510DD36

Every piece of advice I've found online says to extract "scrips.zip" into Data/Scripts/Source. I have no memory of doing that, but if I go to Data/Scripts/Source, everything already looks properly extracted (and scripts.zip is nowhere to be found).

Screenshot 2024-01-10 144732.png

Screenshot 2024-01-10 145133.png

You need to be using the Steam install of the game in order to make use of the CK. It will not know where to find a GOG install. That's about the only disadvantage to using the GOG copy is that you'd need the Steam version installed in order to be able to mod it.

36 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

You need to be using the Steam install of the game in order to make use of the CK. It will not know where to find a GOG install. That's about the only disadvantage to using the GOG copy is that you'd need the Steam version installed in order to be able to mod it.

Well shoot! I've been modding with CK on the GOG version for months, and so far, and this is the first issue that's come up.

Is there any known workaround? I don't really have the heart to drop $50 to purchase this game for the forth time.

Edited by Organical Mechanical

Honestly I'm surprised that Steam allowed you to install the CK at all considering it requires the game to be in your account already since that's where the CK is going to pull assets from.

20 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Honestly I'm surprised that Steam allowed you to install the CK at all considering it requires the game to be in your account already since that's where the CK is going to pull assets from.

You need to finagle with the Steam DLLs iirc-- there's a free game on Steam with the exact same DLL that Skyrim has. If you plop it into the right spot, it tricks CK into thinking it's attached to a Steam version of Skyrim, and everying works exactly as intended.

Except for scripting, apparently :|

I fixed the problem!

The order of the folders was incorrect. All I had to do was chuck the source folder into the data folder

On 1/10/2024 at 11:30 PM, Organical Mechanical said:

You need to finagle with the Steam DLLs iirc-- there's a free game on Steam with the exact same DLL that Skyrim has. If you plop it into the right spot, it tricks CK into thinking it's attached to a Steam version of Skyrim, and everying works exactly as intended.

Except for scripting, apparently :|

For the sake of clarity, we do not suggest you "finagle" your install, but dropping a DLL from the root of one game you own into another isn't illegal.