Creation Kit Displaying Two Textures at Once

Organical Mechanical

I replaced all of the relevant textures of this waterfall in NifSkope (and it looks great there), so as far as I'm concerned, there is only ONE set of textures specified in the NIF file.

But when I open it in CK, the original textures gets displayed alongside the textures I replaced them with!

I'm also having a similar issue with two specific mine kit pieces. I've never had this issue with 95% of my re-textures (including pieces from the same kit!), but these two just want to be different.

Screenshot 2023-12-29 115455.png

Screenshot 2023-12-29 115552.png

1) Your video isn't loading, I presume that's the waterfall issue.

2) Which textures did you replace on the mine nifs? All of them? Can't tell from the pictures what the vanilla textures are that you see. Have you tried just closing the CK and re-opening?

It's almost always easier to include your problem nif files when asking for help.

The waterfall looks fine to me, even in the CK, so not sure where you're seeing the original textures. :shrug:

As for the mine mesh, the texture path is incorrect therefore it's not finding your new textures.

Your path;  data\textures\om\ ...  should be just textures\om\ ... (no data, no slash in front) so try that.

Thank you so much! I'm sure the waterfall has the exact same pathing issue-- it "flickers" between the two textures on my end

Edit: removing the data\ prefix to the texture turns it purple in NifSkope

Edited by Organical Mechanical

Ok, well then you need to set up Nifskope to read your textures folder.

Go to Options -> Settings -> Resources. There are two tabs here, one for file paths and one for bsa's ... in both tabs click the "Auto Detect" button. Make sure to Save before closing out.

This ensures anything in your Data/Textures folder will be recognized in Nifskope. Did you check your mesh in game after changing the path? It should have been fine.

I've had all of my archives down-- I double-checked them, and they're still good

I got rid of the unnecessary pathing, but it looks exactly the same in-game.

Posted (edited)

Found the problem with the waterfall! I had a second, non-blood waterfall duplicated underneath it. Derp.

The mine parts still have something weird going on, but it's not the end of the world. I can just replace it with hallways or something.

Edited by Organical Mechanical