How can I make it so an item NEVER havok settles?

Organical Mechanical

I know how to disable havok initially, but my door still goes falling when struck by a weapon or fus-roh-dah'ed

It still needs to be activated, so making it a static isn't really an option!

Can you attach your .nif file here so I can take a look at it? I suspect it has incorrect collision if it's falling down/reacts to things. Or you could compare your mesh to a vanilla door mesh.

Also ... is that my Beating Heart in your avatar? :D

For a door, check the vanilla load door meshes and set all flags on your item accordingly.

If that doesn't work, there's also a vanilla script to accomplish that: DisableHavokOnLoad. Attach to your item and set all script properties to disallow havok (there are options to enable havok when grabbed, when activated, when XYZ, etc.: they all need to be 'false').

EDIT: I just remembered that there's a special item category. "movable statics". Try that instead of "static" or "misc" items. It should do the job.

3 hours ago, Sclerocephalus said:

[snap] there's also a vanilla script to accomplish that: DisableHavokOnLoad. [snap]

I'm an absolute layman with all the scripting, but is it this function that should be hanging Wuuthrad on Ysgramor's statue? While I've always been using USSEP, the axe always falls to the ground at some point if I exit/re-enter the cell...

15 hours ago, Hana said:

Can you attach your .nif file here so I can take a look at it? I suspect it has incorrect collision if it's falling down/reacts to things. Or you could compare your mesh to a vanilla door mesh.

Also ... is that my Beating Heart in your avatar? :D

Of course! Here's the NIF (it's not an actual door, it's more of a portal, so it's not supposed to be animated, but it serves an identical function):

My profile pig is a regular Skyrim human heart

BWD2canvas.nif