Contruction Set - Records edits undoing themselves?

So I made a few record edits, minor things like changing certain creature names, but I later find that they have reverted to vanilla, without me doing so. Certain record edits have basically gone back to vanilla on their own accord. How/why does this happen?

Are you using a Bashed Patch?  The Bashed Patch can occasionally overwrite changes made by .esps that are located above it.  If this is the case you may need to add relevant tags or, if your mod is tiny, even place it below your Bashed Patch (I have occasionally done this myself with small home-made tweak mods). 

If you're not using a Bashed Patch then I suspect another rmod may be overwriting yours.  In that case, you might try moving your tweaks mod to last place in your list to make sure it takes precedence.

Not using bashed patch, and my tweaks file is already last in load order, and I'm viewing the changed from within the loaded ESP itself in the CS, not in game.

Could any of these be possible causes for records getting mixed up?

1) "Model loader has nif files" error on closing CS
2) Loading / playing game with the CS open
3) Obmm "add master" function even though I added master to another plugin?

On 12/20/2023 at 3:03 PM, 4444444444 said:

Could any of these be possible causes for records getting mixed up?

1) "Model loader has nif files" error on closing CS
2) Loading / playing game with the CS open
3) Obmm "add master" function even though I added master to another plugin?

Not sure about the error, but you should Definitely use the Construction Set Extender. Among other things it makes the CS much more forgiving.

Are you sure you mod is actually saving your edits? If you're closing it and reopening it in the CS and the changes are gone it sounds like the eSP isn't saving properly.

Full details can be viewed in the changelog on the description page. The first thing to notice is the faster loading time, less crashing and better interop of gui and functions. It will, at least, provide a more consistent environment in troubleshooting the cause of the save issue.

Oh, and edit: The name "Extender" at first glance usually comes across as something like "CS with extra bits", it's actually more of a complete overhaul or rewrite of the program.

Edited by lmstearn