Mesh Fixes

Denotic

I'm curious about people's thoughts on "mesh fix" mods; there certainly are a lot of them, and they seem to want to overwrite each other constantly in any load order I create. Do you feel they're valuable? Are there potential issues they can cause one should look out for?

I've never bothered with them.  Then again, I don't use graphics mods with Bethesda's games (aside from new hairstyles for player characters).  

As you already noticed, only the last-loaded copy of a mesh takes effect. I would only use one of these mods if I considered the original mesh broken.  Other people’s opinion of what is an “improvement” doesn’t always match mine. There are a lot of “high-poly” meshes around, for example, that make no difference at all to the visual result, but just slow the rendering down. Higher resolution textures are another frequent waste of effort. Unless an item is regularly being examined closely, you’re usually seeing a lower resolution from the mip-map anyway.

I've run for a decade with SMIM. I've found it enhanced my visual experience considerably. I also like the moving barrel top.