CSE Question

Katsuro

While running CSE, it seems I have to do so via Wrye Bash, and only when running as Admin. By doing so, that prevents me from dragging zipped files from folder to WB to install them, forcing me to remove the "Run as Admin" check.

Is this what I will have to do or is there a way to not have to keep checking/unchecking the "run as admin" box?

It's been a long time since I modded Oblivion and used the CSE but I do recall I never had to run it through Wrye Bash. Has something changed?

It's definitely not necessary to run the CSE from Wrye Bash. I mean, you can, but you don't have to. The CSE comes with a batch file "Launch CSE.bat". If you look inside, you see that what it does is start OBSE (obse_loader.exe). You can either run the batch file or make a shortcut for OBSE with the correct arguments and run that.

It is required to run OBSE with admin privileges. There is a way to bypass it and run as a regular user, but it is not recommended because then things could go wrong. I never tried, so don't know.

The thing here is that since you have to set OBSE with admin privileges, you will also be running Oblivion with admin privileges. If you don't want to do that, you can duplicate obse_loader.exe, make one of them plain and the other with admin privileges, and then edit the CSE launcher batch file to call the correct one for the CSE.

Let me know if it's too confusing. :)

On 12/4/2023 at 10:55 AM, LenaWolf said:

It's definitely not necessary to run the CSE from Wrye Bash. I mean, you can, but you don't have to. The CSE comes with a batch file "Launch CSE.bat". If you look inside, you see that what it does is start OBSE (obse_loader.exe). You can either run the batch file or make a shortcut for OBSE with the correct arguments and run that.

It is required to run OBSE with admin privileges. There is a way to bypass it and run as a regular user, but it is not recommended because then things could go wrong. I never tried, so don't know.

The thing here is that since you have to set OBSE with admin privileges, you will also be running Oblivion with admin privileges. If you don't want to do that, you can duplicate obse_loader.exe, make one of them plain and the other with admin privileges, and then edit the CSE launcher batch file to call the correct one for the CSE.

Let me know if it's too confusing. :)

Tried to run the Launch CSE.bat and was immediately greeted with a "You should close CS" message lol. I guess I never had OBSE checked as run as admin, once I did that the .bat file booted normally

Thank you