questions on LE(with USLEEP) and SE(with USSEP), Thanks!

Hodge172

Hi, after searching online, I thought this might be the best place to ask this question, since this is the forum of the unofficial patches.

My current understanding is this (please correct me if needed):

1) saves that never had mods can safely move from LE and to SE Skyrim

2) Removing certain types of mods (including USLEEP) in skyrim can be risky since things get baked into the save

3) USLEEP is not compatible with USSEP, don't mismatch them incorrectly with LE and SE

The question:

If I have a save that has never been modded except for USLEEP, can that be moved over to a new Skyrim special edition game if I also patch the SE game with USSEP? Will the USSEP patch be equivalent enough to make it work?

My guess:

My guess is the answer might be “no, both patches are massive, the coding between USLEEP and USSEP is too different because LE and SE are so different, the save game has some of the scripts saved and moving from patched LE to patched SE is just as risky as removing USLEEP”... but i'm not knowledgeable enough to know if my guess is correct. I've been trying to learn about this for hours, but I figured it'd be best to just ask.

Thanks everybody for the help to understand this. I appreciate the help in getting back into Skyrim too!

Edited by Hodge172
typo errors

Hi, and welcome to AFKMods :wave:

To get right down to your questions;

1) No. Don't do it. Period.
2) True.
3) True.

Regardless of no mods, just the unofficial patch, or few mods, it is never a good idea to try LE saves in SE. It can lead to all kinds of weirdness and even CTDs. There was also reports of screen resolution oddness between the two types of saves. You can read more about it in this thread.

Ah I see, thank you for the information and the extra thread. I'll use a new fresh save instead of moving any saves then, and I'll play the old save with the old game (with manual backups). It is my first character from 2012 and it has a lot of sentimental value and story to me.

Thank you, I appreciate the help too.