Previsibines - Out of my depth here

M00nP1e

Anyone can help would be appreciated.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/46403

Previsibines .. I have had a good read of the description and other community topics on the subject and I am kind of convinced I need to use it .. But holding off in case I mess things up.

I do not understand it enough to make a decision to install, however I am starting to get a bit of perceptible lag in places where I have developed a settlement like Sanctuary, or the Castle.

Fallout 4 is running brilliantly otherwise, hence my reluctance to install it (and the fact that it all seems a bit experimental so long after the game went GOTY).

@Arthmoor I think this is the reason you warned me against cleaning the masters for Fallout 4, am I correct ?

I don't recall if Ben said cleaning the masters mattered or not, but IMO it's probably less problematic if you don't.

There's really no reason not to make use of PRP though if you're getting lag from previsbines.

Thank you, I'm diving in.

Really enjoying the game, Nexusmods site is a very busy place for FO4 developments so it is still very well supported so many years after it was released which is surprising.

14 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

I don't recall if Ben said cleaning the masters mattered or not, but IMO it's probably less problematic if you don't.

Forgot to mention, he talks about it in the description :

"This mod assumes your DLC .esm files are pristine and uncleaned, please restore them if you have previously autocleaned them, as there's small differences in record formats that xEdit does not account for when rewriting the master files on save, this might cause unexpected behavior."

• 2 weeks later...

I recall only suggesting to clean them in the early days of the project based on what the community was suggesting, but with the record format problems (wrong form versions or whatever xEdit was/is dealing with), since a year ago, I'm going with the locals, and suggesting the base game ESM files should be left uncleaned.

The PRP project does not care either way, though and the suggestion was for stability purposes more than anything.