USSEP without Cash Cow

BlazeStryker

Out of sheer fury at the 73 wastes of BSA slots in my ever-creaky load order, I went the nuclear route and uninstalled everything before purging unmanaged files. That has removed all those annoying Cash Cow forced plugins while still crediting my account.

The problem is that USSEP is needed for Alternate Starts (among others) and USSEP for 1.6.40 asks for Fishing, Survival Mode, Curios and advdsgs (whichever nugget of stupidity that one is), none of which I particularly want to reinsert into my Sklyrim (ESPECIALLY Survival Mode!)

Is there an instance of USSEP and ASLAL without the Cow pre-requisites I can install instead?

How... lovely. I decided "what the Heck, I can tell the Survival Popup No every time" and decided to pick just those four. You can't.

Those stupid, evil, sadistic, rotten, no-good, all-bad, Hole In The Wall, Railroading, Utter Wastes Of Space at the Bathysphere made it so you have to download them all or none. Sooooooooooooooooooo typical.

Those 4 (Fishing, Survival Mode, Rare Curios, and Saints and Seducers) are now an intrinsic part of the base game, in the same manner that Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn are, and as such, they cannot be removed without breaking the game.  As you discovered, Survival Mode can be turned on or off in the game, the others, you have to just ignore, the same as a person would ignore any quest in Skyrim which they do not wish to do.

A new game, of course, will be needed - you cannot continue from a save in which you removed any installed content, as the information from the mods is baked into the save, and this information CANNOT be removed and it WILL break you game - if not immediately, then at some point further along.

Good luck!

Yeah. The fact that every new run the Survival Mode Mod asks you in a screen-covering window if you want to turn it on instead of just making it a difficulty level we could ignore is a pain... Why the fudge didn't Odd just work for Norfolk Southern? The railroad is strong with these clowns. If you so much as catch one fish with a pole, the Fishing Quests are (badly, natch) shoved in your face. Saints And Seducers completely sucks in implementation unless you mod the Hell out of it, and Rare Curios is at least relatively less than obnoxious.

The part that gets my goat is it's all or nothing, meaning I have to put up with the other 70 POS unless the Anniversary Edition Content Picker works. For that matter, if the content HAS to all be present, why didn't they merge the stinking plugins?!?

Edited by BlazeStryker

You appear to be under the false assumption that SE 1.6 includes every DLC they made. It does not. It only adds the 4 free ones with the update. The other 70 are part of a separate paid package. USSEP, and therefore mods which require it, only need the 4 that became part of the base game in November of 2021. It's been 2 years now, it's time for people to move on.

The original question has been answered, and these discussion about CC content can get heated, so I'm locking this.

• Sigurð Stormhand locked this topic