Helgen debris removal

Elaura

Ideally, I'd like to see a mod in which the Imperials clean up the debris and maintain a guard on Helgen. However, I would use a simple remove debris mod. Helgen is a strategic crossroad coming down from Fort Neugrad and heading to either Falkreath or Riverwood. It makes no sense that the Empire wouldn't even send investigators to the site. In any case, I'm getting tired of having to go around the town, because of the debris (let's not even get into the fact it keeps smoldering for years).

I remember the console commands being less than stable. Disable used to be only temporary and markfordelete could cause crashing. Does anyone have any ideas, or know of any existing mods? Unfortunately, since my husband, Jac, died, my heart hasn't been in modding, I've just now begun playing again. So, please forgive my asking, rather than doing it myself. Thanks in advance for any information or help you can give.

Don't know if this is what you would be looking for, but as far as I know it is the only thing out there.  Helgen Reborn by Mike Hancho, which is a fully voiced quest mod in which the town is rebuilt, and the player has numerous quests and adventures in order to accomplish it.  I personally have never used it, but know of many who have, and enjoy it.  Though, as said, it goes beyond a simple clean up of Helgen and involves much more.

And my condolences for your loss, though I know that doesn't even begin to cover it.

Thanks, but no. I've played Helgen Reborn and I did enjoy it, but I was looking for something lighter, this time. Just a few Imperial soldiers back in the barracks, on guard, and cleaning up the rubble. Or, just a safe way to remove the bodies and rubble after killing the bandits.

6 hours ago, Elaura said:

Thanks, but no. I've played Helgen Reborn and I did enjoy it, but I was looking for something lighter, this time. Just a few Imperial soldiers back in the barracks, on guard, and cleaning up the rubble. Or, just a safe way to remove the bodies and rubble after killing the bandits.

Yeah, I had a feeling it did more than you wished, but I looked and searched and that was the only thing that touched Helgen to clean it up.  I figured you wanted something more like the Civil War cleanup mods, buildings and routine NPC packages restored, but just could not find any - which was a little surprising.  In fact, I almost had a feeling that I had seen one some years ago - but if I had, it's been removed as no searches turned anything up other than Helgen Reborn.

I could have sword there was a mod that did this already, but I couldn't find one either.  Color me surprised.  It's possible that I was thinking about a mod that cleaned up Kvatch in Oblivion (Bethesda loves to leave their ruined towns burning in perpetuity).  

9 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

I could have sword there was a mod that did this already, but I couldn't find one either.  Color me surprised.  It's possible that I was thinking about a mod that cleaned up Kvatch in Oblivion (Bethesda loves to leave their ruined towns burning in perpetuity).  

I wonder if we are thinking of the same mod, and it's just been removed - as I only check mods for Skyrim and would not have seen any mods for other TES games.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Hana said:

You could be thinking of Helgen Rebuilt, which has been set to hidden on Nexus for the past two years.

YES!  That's it!  Thanks for remembering the name of that, Hana!:beer:

I did a little looking around and saw Helgen Rebuilt, but it had a buggy reputation. Yes, those Civil War cleanup mods are very much like what I'm looking for. I'm using Lawbringer, which allows me to choose who I want to take over a stronghold when I clear it. It changes the banners and gives the new tenants AI packages. As I said, an add-on to Lawbringer would be ideal, but I'd be happy with just being able to ride through Helgen without having to pick around the rubble. Thanks for the replies! 

I'm leery of the script changes, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks, Arthmoor. I'm OK with Falkreath Hold taking it over. After all, the Empire is pretty busy.

Of course you are right about this, one of many such oddities, you point holds equally well for Neustadt, I use Beyond Skyrim Bruma and there in between the main border crossing at Pale Pass and Helgen sits Neustadt, held by bandits :cry: