Searching for Music Replacement Pack

lmstearn

Back in 2011 when modding the first play of Oblivion, picked up a zipped bunch of music files which turned out to be a very nice alternative to the stock collection. They were of such quality that they could have only been created buy seasoned pros, very likely for other games created from 1996 to 2011. Currently, the memory being what it is, only recall two or three of the loops, and not well enough for input into a melody search engine- nevertheless when I hear 'em I'll know 'em, :P Recall no copyright details on them, if they were, then it explains the disappearance.

Pretty sure the pack wasn't acquired from Nexus, but another file sharing site like fileplanet or even a private repo. Can't remember if it was by a recommendation by someone in a post, or if it got to page one in the Google search results. Unfortunately the files on the rig at the time were somehow overwritten in a re-install, and the archived file had disappeared. And the rig itself is very much, well, rig-o-mortis.

There is such a massive volume of game soundtracks on youtube (sample), you could spend a week on it and only pull a tiny fraction of required content. And yes, trawled everywhere for them back then, even as early as 2013, no dice.

Just posting in the forlorn hope someone might remember something. :)

Thanks.

• Like 1

Greetings, my friend:beer: 

I am a miss for the specific info that you seek but hope I can provide you with some resources...  Since you know how to create mods from the files up and have done this with music files in the past, I have included a couple of my favorite royalty free sites on youtube in hopes of helping you.  As a huge fan of all types of games and a retired pro musician, I have been helping a developer friend of mine to find royalty free music for the score of his upcoming game...  Just to give you an example, this is the main theme...

The two main sites that I use to find these tracks are:  

TeknoAXE's Royalty Free Music:  https://www.youtube.com/c/teknoaxe/playlists

and 

Audio Library — Music for content creators:  https://www.youtube.com/c/audiolibrary-channel/playlists

All of the music listed on these channels is royalty free and can be used in any media you wish, free of fees or cost, including published mods for games.  Just remember to list the music producers in your credits to thank those creators.  Free is good :) 

I hope this helps you, my friend.  Adventure ever on, Phat:highfive:

PS:  There are links to DL a .mp4 version of the music in the description section of each video.  I make playlists for my friend like the two I attached below.  Open in youtube to see the full playlists.  Only the first track will play here in the post.  The dramatic list might give you some good ideas for your mod.  Easy, Breezy may just brighten your day.  I recommend listening with a good ad blocker installed.  I prefer the one that comes free with the Opera browser.  My dev friend has software that will rip all of the .mp4's from the playlists in a single function.  I'll ask him what it's called again if you'd like.  

Easy, Breezy, Lemon Squeezy...  

Dramatic Royalty Free Music...  

You know, Phat, most queries like this ultimately turn out as a form of "heard it all before", but how, when, and where in the memory?

Wow, :woot: there's a fair bit of material at the site- it certainly is a repo of gargantuan proportions, but couldn't find bio. Interesting that many these days prefer the community section at youtube rather than to set up forums like here at AFKMods, understandably it's a lot easier, cheaper, and less time consuming.

Love the elevator music. :P

• Like 1

Glad you found some things you like even if it wasn't exactly what you were seeking.  What I generally do when shopping for tunes is first ask what style do I need for this playlist...  The game my friend is creating is sci-fi so I inevitably farm a lot of techno, some metal and a lot of dance music to keep it up beat but we need a ton of atmospheric tracks to fill in scene backgrounds without stepping on the focus of those scenes.  So, I listen through the playlists which are generally sorted by genre like classical score, mellow, techno,  metal, club tracks, dub step, etc...  Then I add what strikes me as useful and easy on the ears that will fit with what I seek.  

You may or may not find the exact track you were hoping to find in that manner.  However, you may find somethings that will work as well or possibly even something you might like better.  If you had even a snippet of the track you seek... something I could hear...  I could keep an ear out for it or something similar or complimentary.  As for the TES games, I have always been partial to the Jeremy Soule soundtracks.  My favorite piece is Secunda from Skyrim with the melody and counter melody as a call and response between a piano and a harp with stings and a few other instruments washing over and winding through the lavish tones of the harp and piano like a misty mountain stream bathed in moonlight.  

If you just need to breathe and take it easy for a while, try my easy, breezy, lemon squeezy mix.  It's up beat and happy yet mellow and unobtrusive... the kind of music that won't interrupt a conversation or your train of thought and just lets you relax.  I recommend listening to playlists with a good ad blocker installed.  Youtube is getting out of hand with the ads these days so I switched to the Opera browser for the flawless free ad blocker, free VPN and a host of other cool features.  The only time I use Firefox these days if a site refuses to function with an ad blocker installed so I access those in Firefox rather than tamper with my precious, perfectly set preferences in Opera... or, I just skip over that site and go elsewhere.  Hahaha:rofl:  Opera is free, nothing to buy.  So, I'm not trying to sell you anything.  Just one friend sharing a word of mouth recommendation to another because I found something cool that is free that I really like and it works well for me.  

Anyway... apologies that I couldn't be of more assistance.  The two sites I shared are the best sources I know for content creators to use good tunes for free.  If you just want to hear some good music, I have a bunch of playlists made up in a wide variety of style from classical to country, funk to pop to punk, hard rock, classic rock and some older tunes and oddities for good measure.  So feel free to hit me up and if you can even hum a few bars of the tune you seek, put in a quick video to put my ears to work for you.  

Phat's Youtube Tunes Playlists...  https://www.youtube.com/user/phatbassanchor/playlists

I have several more under construction being filled with royalty free tracks at present.  Once I get at least forty to fifty tracks in a list I publish it for public enjoyment.  Again, a good ad blocker will greatly enhance you enjoyment of every playlist you check out on Youtube because when it comes to ads... YT has lost the plot, my friend!  Hahaha:rofl: 

Adventure ever on, Phat:highfive: