Problems with performance advice ?

TadasJ

Hello. everyone :)
I've been doing some modding today and settled on https://next.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/collections/uoiso1
And I installed it and so on and absolutely ADORE like absolutely beautiful really stunning but a problem is it's running at 15 fps my Gpu is at 100% and Cpu at around 15-20 % and by my standards this is pretty much unplayable so I've come here to ask what I could do maybe some of you can give some suggestions or maybe a different more lightweight collection ❤ 

My Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 4600G
GTX 1660 Super
16Gb Ram
1080p
Thanks !

Well, the problem with collections is you are stuck with whatever the collection has - you would really need to contact the collection creator as far as changing anything, since they are the only one who knows exactly how the collection was put together.  As far as an alternate collection, that would probably be a better option if you really do not wish to expend the time required to put together a build of your own (and it does take some time and care to do so properly).  Unfortunately, that is not something that I can personally help with (as far as suggestions regarding collections go), but there may be others who can do so.  Good luck TadasJ!  I hope you get some good info and find something that better suits your requirements and taste.

I suspect your GPU to be the bottleneck, and given the type of mods you are using (adult themed texture mods) its not surprising.

To make things look beautiful and detailled whatever textures are being used by this mod collection are probably large, and taking up all of your VRAM (Ram onboard your graphics card). You should always aim for total VRAM use leaving you around 20% of your VRAM free.

You do not say how much VRAM your graphics card has, but I wont be able to help further beyond this post as I dont play the game anymore, nor would I ever use someone elses compillation even if I was playing.

A couple of tools to help you see whats going on :

If you are on windows 10 or 11, just use Windows Game Bar, while in game press Windows Key plus G. Then use the sticky pin in the performance monitoring window and then click anywhere outside of the game bar windows to leave you with just the performance graphs .. and continue playing.

That should show you if you are using all of your VRAM during play, and if you are you need to cut back on the size of the textures being used by the mod. To do that you need to find out what body mods are being used, at what resolution they were created, and see if the original author of the body mods does a cut down version of the textures at a lower resolution which will take less VRAM.

You can also use MNelsons Skyrim Performance Monitor 64.

In the next screenshot, you can see a dark dotted green line at the top of the panels, thats the users maximum VRAM (12gb in this case). The lighter green solid line on the same graph is the amount of VRAM being used (around about 5gb in this case), so long as that line never goes up to meet the dotted line then you have enough VRAM for the mods in use ..

3826-1528547765-274896159.jpeg

The person who put this mod collection together probably has enough VRAM to handle all the large textures being used, I suspect your machine does not.

So assuming I am correct, the bottleneck on your machine is the machine is constantly filling up your VRAM on the graphics card, and there is no swap space to allow feeding the GPU the next load of textures. In short you are hitting the roof of your max VRAM all the time, and the rest of the game has to wait until the GPU ditches some in use textures to load up the next lot of needed textures.

You need to get into the details of which texture mods are being used, and cut them down to texture sizes which are more appropriate for your machine.

Maybe the compillation author gives advice on this?, I dont know because I do not have an account to log into on the link you gave.

From your description though thats about all I can come up with.

2 minutes ago, alt3rn1ty said:

I suspect your GPU to be the bottleneck, and given the type of mods you are using (adult themed texture mods) its not surprising.

To make things look beautiful and detailled whatever textures are being used by this mod collection are probably large, and taking up all of your VRAM (Ram onboard your graphics card). You should always aim for total VRAM use leaving you around 20% of your VRAM free.

You do not say how much VRAM your graphics card has, but I wont be able to help further beyond this post as I dont play the game anymore, nor would I ever use someone elses compillation even if I was playing.

A couple of tools to help you see whats going on :

If you are on windows 10 or 11, just use Windows Game Bar, while in game press Windows Key plus G. Then use the sticky pin in the performance monitoring window and then click anywhere outside of the game bar windows to leave you with just the performance graphs .. and continue playing.

That should show you if you are using all of your VRAM during play, and if you are you need to cut back on the size of the textures being used by the mod. To do that you need to find out what body mods are being used, at what resolution they were created, and see if the original author of the body mods does a cut down version of the textures at a lower resolution which will take less VRAM.

You can also use MNelsons Skyrim Performance Monitor 64.

In the next screenshot, you can see a dark dotted green line at the top of the panels, thats the users maximum VRAM (12gb in this case). The lighter green solid line on the same graph is the amount of VRAM being used (around about 5gb in this case), so long as that line never goes up to meet the dotted line then you have enough VRAM for the mods in use ..

3826-1528547765-274896159.jpeg

The person who put this mod collection together probably has enough VRAM to handle all the large textures being used, I suspect your machine does not.

So assuming I am correct, the bottleneck on your machine is the machine is constantly filling up your VRAM on the graphics card, and there is no swap space to allow feeding the GPU the next load of textures. In short you are hitting the roof of your max VRAM all the time, and the rest of the game has to wait until the GPU ditches some in use textures to load up the next lot of needed textures.

You need to get into the details of which texture mods are being used, and cut them down to texture sizes which are more appropriate for your machine.

Maybe the compillation author gives advice on this?, I dont know because I do not have an account to log into on the link you gave.

From your description though thats about all I can come up with.

Thanks a lot this really helped !

Thank you !

No probs. Another option which may be easier, a new graphics card with more VRAM.

But check out if VRAM shortage is actually the cause before you go splashing out, good luck :coffee:

Edit : I recommend the newer Geforce RTX cards with DLSS / DLAA.