Problems with Jerall Mountain area mods

Guest YA3C

I'm having a few problems with multiple mods that impact the mountains north and east of Bruma. I'm using UL and Hesu, with DLC Frostcrag and Snowy Road to Bruma, and I want to add Frostcrag Village and Feldscar.

Pretty much everywhere else in Cyrodill my UL/Hesu mix works perfectly with patches where required, including for the majority of Arthmoor's villages, I took a great deal of care to make sure that I included all relevant patches and used the recommended load orders. In general I don't have any issues with UL and Hesu together, except for the summit of Gnoll Mountain. It's mostly fine, after a bit of work with patches and load order, except for the area immediately around Frostcrag Spire, where the land seems to have dropped away a little and some rocks are floating, but I fixed this myself, and a small land tear approaching Skyrim Temple West from Frostcrag Spire, which I also fixed.

Things get more tricky though, when I add Frostcrag Village and Feldscar into the mix. There's a large piece of land with a void behind it that rears up in front of FV where the road should be, which effectively cuts the village off from the Spire. Without FV it looks fine. Feldscar is worse, most of it is floating several feet in the air. I included all the relevant patches that I could find in what seemed to be the right order, according to BOSS, but it's still a mess. FV I could probably fix myself, it's just one bit of land that's out of place, but I've no idea what to do about Feldscar.

I don't have any problems with any of the other village mods by Arthmoor that I use (AFK Weye, Urasek, Faregyl, Molapi, Reedstand, Vergayun, Sutch, Gottshaw) or with UL + Hesu interaction in any other areas, excpet GM. I would like to use both Feldscar and Frostcrag Village, it would be gratifying to get them all to work together properly. As an experiment I tried FV without UL or Hesu and it seemed to be working correctly (didn't try Feldscar.)

Load order as sorted by BOSS attached for reference. I grant that maybe I should expect issues like this when attempting to use multiple mods that edit the same area, but these are popular, well-made mods that have been around for some time, patches are available for various mixes of them, and it's not unreasonable to think that a significant number of users have tried to run UL, Hesu, DLC Frostcrag, SRtB together with Frostcrag Village and Feldscar, yet probably succeeded where I've failed. Maybe I've overlooked a patch, or got my load-order wrong? I don't believe so, but they're clearly not working for me.

sorted_by_BOSS.txt

The only thing I can see here that stands out is that Frostcrag Village is not set to load after the UL group. This is necessary in order for it to work correctly.

The same is also true of Sutch Village. In order for that to work as designed, it must be loaded after the UL mods, then the patch for it and Lost Coast after that.

Perfect. Worked flawlessly once I did that. I did suspect that something was off with my load order, but BOSS (and LOOT for what it's worth) wanted to do it their way. I've created a set of rules to make sure it always loads where you've said it should.

I followed the same procedure for Feldscar, and that's working correctly now too, once I remembered to turn off borders. Sutch was fine as it was, had a good explore around there; no issues that I could see, but I'll follow your advice anyway.

Many thanks!

Feldscar should have worked fine before the UL group. That's where I have it in my own game and it's never had any issues with the UL mod in the same area as long as the patch for it is also installed.

Don't know what to say to you, boss. For whatever reason Feldscar won't work properly for me unless I load it and the associated UL and SRtB patches later in the load-order, but Sutch and its Lost Coast patch seem to be fine where they are. I'm just happy to be finally cooking on gas.

(Only remaining issue for me is getting Hesu - Gnoll Mountain to work properly with this setup. I've managed to get it mostly working apart from one very large land tear just off the main road to Bruma. I might have to fix that myself, but if I can't, I can live without Gnoll Mountain as long as I've got Frostcrag Village and Feldscar working with Snowdale and SRtB.)

That means the problem is coming from SRTB then. It's not one of the mods I use and I can tell you for sure that Feldscar is 100% fine with the UL mod and the patch to go with it. Feldscar should be loaded before the UL group so that much you have right already.

As far as Sutch, it may look ok now, but you're going to have problems with the Oyster Bay village up along the coast.

I'd forgotten to rebuild my Bash patch, that's what was wrong. Once I did that after making your recommended changes for FV and Sutch, everything was fine. Apart from two very small rocks outside Frostcrag Village, but who cares about those? I also lost most of my snowy footprints road textures for SRtB, but I guess one can't have everything. Finally got Hesu - GM to work too, which was a win.

My apologies for wasting your time with my stupidity, but thank you for your help and guidance.