Anyone know where I can find a Feldscar walkthrough?

Rocco McGirk

You can usually divine quest help using the CS to look at the quests and related scripts.  Arthmoor's quests however. can be a little more complicated to figure out in the  because the quests and scripts are often interconnected, with your current status and causality bouncing from one to another. IIRC there are a couple places in the Feldscar questline where you are waiting for something before continuing.

Where are you? Give description and quest stages for all open quests.

Spoiler

Maybe you are waiting for the 15th of the month so you can search the Dunmer Mages' room?

• Like 1

Years ago I intended to write a walkthrough for the mod but never got around to it.

Maybe I should do that at some point. :P

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2022 at 4:51 PM, Rocco McGirk said:

Anyone know where I can find a Feldscar walkthrough? I missed something and I'm at an impass.

smart arse answer is on the internet, but joking aside if you look on the nexus page for the mod there are usually links to that sort of thing either in the description or in the comments tab. Having said that I have not checked but it would seem a good place to start.

I think I may have screwed up the order. I went and rescued the Chieftain as soon as his wife mentioned he went missing in Skyrim. I've been in the mages room on naked day, hehe, nabbed the etching and the note to their Benefactor. Went into the crypt and smoked the mimics, followed the mages up to the rock and got blasted off by the guardian stone. I wish I knew how to use the construction set like the veterans because I know I could sort things out if I could see the triggers. Arthmoor's mods are awesome. I went to Nexus to look into it but there was zero there. Thanks for the help people.

If I screwed it up, can I uninstall it, rebash the patch, make a new save minus Feldscar, reinstall it and start again?

I don't know much about TES given I was a hardcore D&D player for ages, but I'm digging this Oblivion game, especially the mods.

12 hours ago, Rocco McGirk said:

I'm digging this Oblivion game, especially the mods.

I'm glad to hear you like it.  With the addition of some gameplay-changing mods, Oblivion is one of my all-time favorite games.  

• Like 3

Yeah you may be out of order having found the missing Chieftan already, I think you are supposed to find him after Shit hits the fan at a later step in the Black rock quest.

Somehow you are supposed to get onto the black rock and find "a piece of odd metal that resembles ebony"

After that some conversation topic with send you to Raminus at the Arcane University.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2022 at 8:10 PM, Lefty Scaevola said:

Yeah you may be out of order having found the missing Chieftan already, I think you are supposed to find after Shit hits the fan at a later step in the Block rock quest.

Somehow you are supposed to get onto the black rock and find "a piece of odd metal that resembles ebony"

After that some conversation topic with send you to Raminus at the Arcane University.

I kinda thought I screwed it up, considering the NPC topic options never changed. I thought it might also be because I stole the papers from their room; shows the stolen item red-hand on the Dunmner's papers. Thought that may have tipped them off.

I even went to Cheydinhal to see if any of the guild mages there had heard of the Dunmer mages.

I got so pissed having screwed up the quest, I enraged both the mages and they got the crap kicked out of them by the local Nords. hehehe

Wish I knew how to reset the quest. BTW, Thanks for the heads-up regarding the quest order.

A quest stage cannot be undone, there is no script or command that can for that (maybe if there is savegame editor that can, but I do not know of any).  Other than that there are various ways of triggering blocked quest stages and bypassed scripts, but such would be impossible to diagnose and design remotely where you have interconnected quests and scripts.  In this case it would likely be very difficult or impossible even  hands on by an experienced and skillful Consolemancer.

I think Uninstall the mod; clean save; install again; start the quest over.

18 hours ago, Lefty Scaevola said:

A quest stage cannot be undone, there is no script or command that can for that (maybe if there is savegame editor that can, but I do not know of any).  Other than that there are various ways of triggering blocked quest stages and bypassed scripts, but such would be impossible to diagnose and design remotely where you have interconnected quests and scripts.  In this case it would likely be very difficult or impossible even  hands on by an experienced and skillful Consolemancer.

I think Uninstall the mod; clean save; install again; start the quest over.

That's exactly what I did and restarted the quest. Thanks for the info.