[RELZ] Tasheni's Winterdogs LE

Tasheni

Wunderbar, baby!:wub:  Vielen Dank!:wub:  I took a DL tonight and will share it with Nico as well.  He loves dogs too! :)

Just one question...  Can Meeko or the other pups be assigned to a player home using My Home is Your Home?  Vanilla Meeko always takes off and heads back to his deceased owner's shack.  Other dogs that can be recruited often take a hike on the player as well.  When the adopted kids bring home a pet like the fox, bunny and mudcrab those stay put and don't abandon ship.  But, the vanilla dogs often take off and run away.  So, I was just wondering if I assign them to a player home using MHiYH, like I do with all my humanoid followers, will the pooch actually stick around?  If you are unsure, I'll test it out for myself and let you know so you can share that with everyone.

Vielen Dank, lieber Freund:wub:  Adventure ever on, Phat:blackhand:

3 hours ago, phatbassanchor said:

Wunderbar, baby!:wub:  Vielen Dank!:wub:  I took a DL tonight and will share it with Nico as well.  He loves dogs too! :)

Just one question...  Can Meeko or the other pups be assigned to a player home using My Home is Your Home?  Vanilla Meeko always takes off and heads back to his deceased owner's shack.  Other dogs that can be recruited often take a hike on the player as well.  When the adopted kids bring home a pet like the fox, bunny and mudcrab those stay put and don't abandon ship.  But, the vanilla dogs often take off and run away.  So, I was just wondering if I assign them to a player home using MHiYH, like I do with all my humanoid followers, will the pooch actually stick around?  If you are unsure, I'll test it out for myself and let you know so you can share that with everyone.

Vielen Dank, lieber Freund:wub:  Adventure ever on, Phat:blackhand:

yes that's always been a thing in Skyrim, I like to recruit that dog near the exit from the Helgen dungeon at the beginning of the game but he always goes off on his own thing eventually.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Uncus said:

yes that's always been a thing in Skyrim, I like to recruit that dog near the exit from the Helgen dungeon at the beginning of the game but he always goes off on his own thing eventually.

Do you know if MHiYH will make Meeko stay where I assign him?  Loving Tasheni's new models.  Just don't take Skyrim dogs with me adventuring.  I take them home for the kids hoping they won't bring home another skeever!  Hahaha:rofl:  I have a really tough time saying no to my adopted kids in game.  I even let Blaise keep the skeever once... once... and, never again!  I heard that evil, heavy breathing everywhere!  Everywhere I went in the house, even if the creepy rodent of unusual size was on the other end of the property, I heard that labored, maniacal, loathsome breathing and scratching like his whole famn damily moved in with it!  No more skeevers, ever!  Hahaha:rofl:  I'm all for having pets at home in Skyrim.  I let the kids keep the bunny, fox, even the mudcrab!  But, no more skeevers!  Now, if I could get the dogs to stick around the house, that would solve a big problem.  I wouldn't have to feel bad about saying no to that hideous rodent.  I could just go pick up Meeko.  But, after a few short days he just toddles off to his old shack regardless of how well we feed him or how nice his new place is.  That is just wrong.

Now, in Fallout 4 I take Dogmeat with me everywhere!  He's always with me unless removed by the game... With AFT he can even follow me many places he's technically not supposed to go, like the Institute.  I even installed half a dozen mods just for Dogmeat to make him a better companion.  But, both Meeko and that foul mutt Barbas always bark and disclose our location and if that is not bad enough, they have each pushed off a cliff a few too many times.  So, I no longer take any pet followers with me anywhere.  But, I still enjoy having dogs at home.  So, I'm hoping that even if Meeko and the stray still naff off after a few days that Tasheni's newly added dogs will stay at home to be loved by the whole famn damily:wub: 

Thanks for the input, brother.  Adventure ever on, Phat:blackhand:

• Like 2

I like to take a brace of wolf hounds with me when I'm hunting and keeping my eye open for bit of easy loot, but I must admit they are a bit hard to keep under control sometimes. Another thing I often do is steal the horse from the hunter along the lakeside road on the way to Falkreeth, there is a mod in old rim that lets you rebrand a stolen horse to your horse.

Incidentally I've just been watching the preview video of Fallout London, must say this might bring me back to Fallout after I have finished with Uncus. Unless I fly off into the void to explore the universe, Starfield is looking better and better to me lately. Will have to stop by for a natter soon its been a while Bruce is keeping me busy at the moment.

6 hours ago, Uncus said:

Fallout London

Thanks for the heads up!:highfive:  First I had heard of this.  Looks like a proper bit of fun with a good dash of Barney thrown in for good measure:beer:  Thanks, brother!:highfive: 

As for Skyrim pet AI... not even my beloved Amazing Follower Tweaks will help with pets, more's the pity.  That would be a great idea for a mod... Improved Pet AI SSE!:wub::run:

Adventure ever on dear friend, Phat:blackhand:

Just dropping in.

Oh damn, I was too busy, so the most important thing right now: The model of Meeko and Dooma are converted witcher dogs, converted by LorSakyamuni and rigged by Mihail for me. So credits go to CD Project Red and Mihail. I did the textures and the rest. I will change the description immediately.

To answer your question: Meeko and Dooma will wait, if you tell them. They will not leave their location until you pick them up again. Don't use MHIYH on them, this will break their AI. But if you allow them to play with another, they play around you in a wide circle (2600 units, only exterior cells). They were not meant to be toys for children :lmao:.

Vigilant is still vanilla, so will leave you after three days absence. The other added dogs are not for sale :shrug:.