SkyUI .. How about your team saves it?

FatherGuse

Serious Question .. not a troll .. SkyUI seems to be dead or left out to pasture .. How about your team save that Mod?

Please.

Can't think of a better group for it as you work with the USSEP Team already and are already working on so many of the SSEA Update patches.

Yes, I am "coining" the SSEA/SSEAU abbv .. feel free to run with it as it easily and clearly identifies the edition/version .. not going to admit my 14 y/o son came up with it actually .. lol .. |

Thanks for your time and all the hard work you guys pour into making SkyrimSE playable and enjoyable .. my kids and I are really looking forward to all the USEAU Patches.

43 minutes ago, FatherGuse said:

How about your team save that Mod?

What do you believe needs to be altered or updated about SkyUI?

Entirely an assumption, but maybe its the lack of native Survival Mode support and the two minor bugs present in its current release; flashing save games and the ghost item bug.

What would SkyUI need specifically for Survival Mode support?

As far as the rest, the only issue I've seen thus far is that there's an untranslated string for the AE upgrade prompts. It doesn't interfere with using the prompts, but it's there if you're installing the AE upgrade with SkyUI active.

I don't foresee myself or anyone on the patch team taking over the project. Largely because it involves UI elements and none of us has any idea how to do that kind of work - which is part of why the patch doesn't include any UI based fixes.

I think you need something from Adobe (paid for) to manipulate / program Actionscript and editing the Flash .fls files.

I looked into some open source efforts to get around paying for Adobe proprietary software once (in hopes of making a more Oblivion like UI instead of the Assasins creed like SkyUI), but I dont think anyone got a complete solution in the open source world. Things may have changed since, but I have no interest anymore in devoting time to such a thing.

Then there are all the Permissions required to develop it further, not sure if schlangster would be able to help entirely, there are many other authors involved (who may well no longer participate at Nexus), and a lot of translations to other languages to take into account.

It's by no means an easy ask.

Yeah, I looked into a Flash decompiler at one point because I wanted to add a line to the General Stats screen for the Skyshards mod but I wasn't able to figure out how to work with the thing. Started with a J.

You don't need an Adobe tool, but it's probably easier with one. JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler I believe is what a lot of people in the community use. It was recommended to me when I was making patches for a couple things.

If someone was willing to step up and do it I have no doubt the SkyUI team would hand over the keys (particularly if you already made the changes and showed them, to prove you're capable), but that requires someone to actually be willing. Schlangster is still active on the Nexus so it shouldn't be hard to get a hold of him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 6:42 PM, SynthetiXxX said:

Entirely an assumption, but maybe its the lack of native Survival Mode support and the two minor bugs present in its current release; flashing save games and the ghost item bug.

The flashing (thumping) savegame issue was fixed ages by an unofficial fix/patch that I merged into the SkyUI bsa so long ago I've forgotten the name but its on nexus somewhere or other

3 hours ago, soupdragon said:

The flashing (thumping) savegame issue was fixed ages by an unofficial fix/patch that I merged into the SkyUI bsa so long ago I've forgotten the name but its on nexus somewhere or other

Yea. There are patches for both "bugs".

Flashing Savegames Fix: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20406

Ghost Item Bug Fix: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/49106

On 12/1/2021 at 10:09 PM, soupdragon said:

That is explicitly why I said in SkyUI's current release