Can anyone point me to to the most up-to-date INI guide?

Elaura

What it says on the tin. Is BethINI still recommended? 
I'm getting good performance without ENB and without DYNDOLOD, and I don't want to mess that up, but I DO want to see if there are better settings than what BETHINI sets up.

Sadly, Bethini prioritized performance over function. As an example, as you ride/run down vanilla roads, vegetation will gradually fill in before you. Bethini makes things pop-in instead.

And of course, I'm biased. Bethini doesn't work with Touring Carriages (it slows the NPC package execute rate).

Personally I find that the vanilla ini settings work just fine in SSE. The only ones I've added to mine are for Papyrus debugging.

20 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Personally I find that the vanilla ini settings work just fine in SSE. The only ones I've added to mine are for Papyrus debugging.

Me too.

I think better performance in-game is about what hardware e.g HDD, video card, sound, RAM, CPU etc one has.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your answers. I like the way Bethini gets rid of load screens and such, but if it's recommended tweaks don't help, I'll revert them.
Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

I like the way Bethini gets rid of load screens and such

Even that may not be the best idea.  The time spent in load screens may be needed for the engine and/or papyrus to prepare the area that's loading.  It's your call and your game, but I'd rather spend an extra second or two vs ending up with a messed-up game.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, sorry. Didn't see this reply. I didn't mean all load screens, just the intro stuff.