Jump to content
DWFII

High res texture mods

Recommended Posts

I haven't played Skyrim in several years. I reinstalled it last week and got Loot going again because I wanted to do the DLC Helgan Reborn (?)

Anyway, when I was playing it originally everything was just fine--I have 19 or 20 mods. Now i am getting texture problems where rocks and doors etc. are just fuzzy grey blobs. Not every where but often enough.

I opened Loot and sorted my mods and cleaned one.

When I look at Loot it says that HighResTexturePack01.esp, HighResTexturePack02.esp, and HighResTexturePack03.esp, as well as the Unofficial High Resolution Patch, are all "empty plug-ins". 

What does that mean? Is it the problem? If so, what do I do to replace or reactivate the mods? 

If not, does anyone have any idea what the problem is and how to correct it?

 

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 3 esp's are suppose to be empty, they're only there to load the texture bsa's.

As for UHRP, you can redownload it here in the downloads section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the notification I got you said something about verifying my cache in Steam...how do I do that?

Do you think that the UHRP needs to be refreshed or reinstalled? Loot is not reporting any problems with it except that it is an "empty plugin."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DWFII said:

rocks and doors etc. are just fuzzy grey blobs. Not every where but often enough.

What other objects besides rocks & doors? Please provide screenshots. Can a door first appear as a grey blob, and upon reloading the scene, appear as a door?

5 minutes ago, DWFII said:

In the notification I got you said something about verifying my cache in Steam...how do I do that?

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+verify+cache+in+steam&rlz=1C1NHXL_enUS760AU760&oq=how+to+verify+cache+in+steam

5 minutes ago, DWFII said:

Do you think that the UHRP needs to be refreshed or reinstalled? Loot is not reporting any problems with it except that it is an "empty plugin."

If using MO, please direct your enquiry to their forums. Else try installing any texture replacer mods after the UHRP is re-installed and verified. Wrye Bash is really good for troubleshooting mod installation issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, sorry, changed my answer, lol.

Your issues could also be entirely unrelated to the hires packs. Do you have any other texture mods installed? SMIM maybe?

There's also a bug where LOD textures get "stuck" even as you get close to objects. It will usually fix itself with a reload as Imstearn says. Is it only those objects and always those objects?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using Loot, although I probably loaded most of these with NMM originally. IIRC, I used MO for a while but I really didn't like it.

Ran the latest version of Tes5 before I posted this inquiry.

Sometimes on doors esp. it's a blob at '10 feet' or more  away but when I get close it clears up . The bridge at Dragon Bridge is clear right down the center but fuzzy along each side.

 

My mods are 01 Update.esm
02 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
03 ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
04 HighResTexturePack01.esp
05 HighResTexturePack02.esp
06 HighResTexturePack03.esp
07 Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
08 ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp
09 Footprints.esp
0A Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp
0B SkyUI.esp
0C WondersofWeather.esp
0D iHUD.esp
0E Helgen Reborn.esp
0F Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp
10 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp
SMIM-Merged-NoDragonborn.esp
11 Real Clouds.esp
12 Realistic Lighting Overhaul

But I tried disabling SMIM_Merged_NoDragonBorn didn't seem to make a difference.

 

Regarding the UHRTP that I downloaded from here, how would you recommend I install/reinstall it? Doesn't seem to be any instructions on the download page.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question, at first glance Wyre Bach seems to do the same things as Loot...than they both be installed at the same time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best bet is to uninstall all the mods installed with NMM, uninstall NMM, uninstall all the ENBs and other Skyrim related mods.

Uninstall Skyrim, and check the Skyrim folder and all its subfolders are empty. Re-install it, and run the game to create your character. Exit the game.

Read this guide,

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/35230

especially WBPG - Basics and Installers Intro pdf 

Install Wrye Bash, and then install & activate all the other mods with it, ensuring all the mods are for oldrim, not SSE.

Sort the mods with LOOT, build the Bashed Patch, and run the game.

There's a list of Oldrim modding guides here, but SSE is a much better option these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lmstearn said:
Spoiler

 

Best bet is to uninstall all the mods installed with NMM, uninstall NMM, uninstall all the ENBs and other Skyrim related mods.

Uninstall Skyrim, and check the Skyrim folder and all its subfolders are empty. Re-install it, and run the game to create your character. Exit the game.

Read this guide,

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/35230

especially WBPG - Basics and Installers Intro pdf 

Install Wrye Bash, and then install & activate all the other mods with it, ensuring all the mods are for oldrim, not SSE.

Sort the mods with LOOT, build the Bashed Patch, and run the game.

There's a list of Oldrim modding guides here, but SSE is a much better option these days.

 

 

 

Thanks to everyone here for the answers and help.

That said, I'm not gonna do all that...I'd wipe it from my hard drive entirely and move on before I'd do that. I just want to play a game that once ran very well and which I enjoyed immensely. Don't want to get into a 'witch hunt.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Support us on Patreon!

Patreon
×
×
  • Create New...