CK - Quick questions and quick answers

Leonardo

I wonder what the "Validate Loaded Data" means via the File menu in the CK.

This one wants to know how to add Dragonborn.esm for a mod that already have Dawnguard.esm as a master in SSEEdit.  I also know I cannot load two DLC at the same time in the CK without using a CK-Extender (does CK-E exist?).

I also want to add a levelled list for a certain weapon type into a vanilla container object e.g a corpse.  So if I do that would that container respawn with a certain weapon type along with the vanilla items in that container?

Edited by Leonardo

You can use the CK for this - which would be safer. All you have to do is make sure your CreationKitCustom.ini file has the following line in it:

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

Then just make sure Dragonborn.esm is included with the other masters when you go to load it.

• 1 month later...

So.  I have just launched CK and looking around for a chest I wanted to use for a mod idea, but didn't find what I wanted to use instead I found two chests that I could use and they are.

LargeChestNoRespawn

UnownedChest

Neither chest is what I'm looking for, but I guess that one of these chests would due for the time being.

I also wanted to have a key for each chest and when the player gets the key a quest marker will appear on the game map without trigger a quest.

Is that possible and if it is then how do I do it in the CK?

I need to ask.  How the hell do I turn off that annoying Warnings window that pops up now and then in the CK, if I can of course? :wallbash:

It's damn irritating and it's driving me crazy, especially when navigating in a lot of exterior cells.  Which I usually do when updating my Skyrim Map Markers mod.

not sure if these are the same warnings you're referring to but:   via dirty weasel  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3LB0whktFU

//Copy and paste into created CreationKitCustom.ini//
[General]
[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0

[Audio]
bEnableAudio=1
[Messages]
bBlockMessageBoxes=1

//Edit CreationKit.ini under [Archive]//
Add to at end of sResourceArchiveList= ", Update.bsa"
Add to at end of SResourceArchiveList2= ", Update.bsa"

I also had a question about CK.  Is it possible to filter items in the object window to display ONLY items modified by current active esp?

19 minutes ago, ez009 said:

[Messages]
bBlockMessageBoxes=1

That make sense.  I'm gonna to try that tomorrow since it's late and I need to sleep.  Thanks for posting it. :)

8 hours ago, ez009 said:

not sure if these are the same warnings you're referring to but:   via dirty weasel  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3LB0whktFU

//Copy and paste into created CreationKitCustom.ini//
[General]
[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0

[Audio]
bEnableAudio=1
[Messages]
bBlockMessageBoxes=1

//Edit CreationKit.ini under [Archive]//
Add to at end of sResourceArchiveList= ", Update.bsa"
Add to at end of SResourceArchiveList2= ", Update.bsa"

That doesn't hide the Warnings window in the CK. :(

TBH, if I can't hide that damn Warnings window in the CK then I don't think I can continue working with my mod since it's too annoying.  God dammit Bethesda, fix it. :bat:

@Leo: Haven't seen that one. Is it possible at all to get a screenshot of it? Thanks.

11 hours ago, ez009 said:

I also had a question about CK.  Is it possible to filter items in the object window to display ONLY items modified by current active esp?

The filter is only for strings. So in this case only works for records created by your mod that share a unique string identifier.

So you haven't notice the Warnings window after you loaded your mod in the CK?

The Warnings window will always appear after loading any mod into the CK, regardless what DLC is loaded.

Weird, made those edits in CreationKitCustom.ini as described here and it worked. Doesn't for you?

Note that in the above linked thread we are using capitalized

[MESSAGES]

Might be a thing. Also check there are no weird characters in the file and that it has ANSI encoding. The file should be in the SSE root directory, accessible for read/write and tagged with the appropriate security permissions. 

It didn't worked with ez009's suggestion.  Why should it worked now, I'm a bit skeptic though.

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to extend the duration for the Candlelight spell, but haven't figure it out how to do it properly due to the "Magic for <ID> hasn't been defined" or similar message in the CK.

What am I doing wrong?