Request for Mod that Controls Dawnguard Quest Start:

ejnomad07

Hi all,

Lots of good modders here so I am hoping for some help in having a simple mod made. I play on the Xbox.

Dawnguard DLC. Very annoying start time because it's too low of a level to trigger. With Arthmoor's dummy mod, I can train in Whiterun and hit Level 10 before even starting the main quests.

I want a way to have more control over these quests starting. Would it be possible for these quests to not trigger unless you have completed the Main Quest Bleak Falls Barrow and possibly also made it to Level 20? Similar to how Dragonborn waits for a main quest to trigger.

I also hate that unless I make a beeline or game the system I rarely see or explore the Hall of the Vigilant before it's destroyed. This DLC quest's start makes this place impossible to "clear" as a location like you could before or train Restoration here.

Thank you,

There is a mod series called Not So Fast that is available on the PC that delays the start of the main quest and several other ancillary quests.  I'm not aware of it being ported to the XBox, but you could always ask the MA if he's interested in porting it.

On 2017-08-30 at 8:54 PM, ejnomad07 said:

Dawnguard DLC. Very annoying start time because it's too low of a level to trigger. With Arthmoor's dummy mod, I can train in Whiterun and hit Level 10 before even starting the main quests.

I want a way to have more control over these quests starting. Would it be possible for these quests to not trigger unless you have completed the Main Quest Bleak Falls Barrow and possibly also made it to Level 20? Similar to how Dragonborn waits for a main quest to trigger.

I also hate that unless I make a beeline or game the system I rarely see or explore the Hall of the Vigilant before it's destroyed. This DLC quest's start makes this place impossible to "clear" as a location like you could before or train Restoration here.

Have you tried Arthmoor's Alternate Start - Live Another Life mod (LAL)?

If you haven't then try it, because I know one starting option is to be a Vigilant of Stendarr and another option is to delay the MQ to start and only start the MQ when you are ready to start it.

However, I don't think you can delay Dawnguard from being triggered, in vanilla Dawnguard will always start as soon you're at level 8, when using LAL unless Arthmoor recently changed that.

5 hours ago, Beermotor said:

There is a mod series called Not So Fast that is available on the PC that delays the start of the main quest and several other ancillary quests.  I'm not aware of it being ported to the XBox, but you could always ask the MA if he's interested in porting it.

Doesn't look Xbox friendly and does way more than I need. Some things require the console which obviously will not work for me.