A mod to change Black Soulgem to be the same as Oblivion

Leonardo

Just tried to search for a post there Turija mention about a possible bug for the Black Soulgem in Skyrim, but couldn't find anything and besides the forum had an error.

Now, all I know is that he posted it in one of the Skyrim Patches thread.  Which thread is it?

Does anyone know what I am taking about or know the link for such a mod?

• 1 month later...

I don't remember posting about any bugs with black soul gems. The only post I recall making about black soul gems was pointing out that they could absorb any type of soul in Oblivion, so I questioned the lore basis for the USLEEP change limiting black soul gems to black souls only.  However, it appears USLEEP was subsequently updated to only limit the Black Star to black souls (for consistency with the dialogue in game), but to allow black soul gems to absorb all types of souls. 

I made a mod called Black Star Restored to revert the USLEEP change but it's mostly obsolete now because of the recent changes to USLEEP. But you can use it if you want the Black Star to absorb all types of souls. 

• 1 month later...

As I recall it you mention about it in either the USKP or the USLEEP thread, but the USKP thread has way too many pages this one find it daunting to search for it due for not remembering what keyword should been used.

• 1 month later...
On 2017-03-12 at 2:53 AM, Turija said:

I made a mod called Black Star Restored to revert the USLEEP change but it's mostly obsolete now because of the recent changes to USLEEP. But you can use it if you want the Black Star to absorb all types of souls. 

I always seem to forget that mod fix. :P

Have you ever thought about uploading it here?

It's not needed anyway since we restored things to their expected function.

What do you mean by "restored things to their expected function"?

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2017 at 3:30 PM, Leonardo said:

What do you mean by "restored things to their expected function"?

Hey Leo!  *waves*  I haven't logged on here in a while.  To answer your questions, USLEEP reverted the changes to black soul gems a while back so black soul gems will now absorb all types of souls.  As far as I know, USLEEP did not revert the change to the Black Star, so with USLEEP, the Black Star will only absorb black souls as stated in in-game dialog.  You can still use my mod if you want the Black Star to be able to absorb all types of souls, so I will leave it up on NEXUS for that purpose but I don't plan to upload it here.

Hi there!  I hope your summer holiday had nice wheather.

Why not upload it here, after all it's a mod that could be used along with USLEEP.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Leo!  Hope you have had a great summer as well.  I was able to witness a total solar eclipse and a raging forest fire firsthand,  both impressive sights, so it was an eventful summer.  Hope you had a great summer as well.

I am not sure if Arthmoor would appreciate that mod being uploaded to his site, so I will probably just leave it on Nexus.