Skyrim SE / CK 64 - Forcing me to make 2 .bsa files?

Thumbincubation

Just got CK64, and am attempting a small mod, with both meshes and textures.  These are extracted from the SE game itself, not old Skyrim assets.

I've done what I can in CK, then used the file > create archive to try to create the .bsa, but it doesn't seem to want to let me put both meshes and textures in the same .bsa. 

It will put the correct files in for me, then ask for a name of the meshes, followed by asking for a name for textures.  If I try to name them both the same, it just archives the textures and ignores the meshes.

I've tried with and without highlighting the items, and I've tried deleting the auto-fill and drag/dropping the meshes and textures in. 

Am I missing some important step, or do I just have to have two .bsa files per mod?

Yes this is due to the Xbox need of converting textures.

Anyway having this made also for PC doesn't change anything.

I have written and posted a guide on how to pack , its here in this very same forum.

Forgive me, but I want to make sure I understand. It's ok, roll with it? 

I was looking over your post and I'm kind of at a loss for what other archiver there is, or in which loose files it's found. Is going to the file tab, then creating the archive from there, the internal one you recommend? 

The mod seems to work on my PC with two .bsa files, as the changes do show up after having deleted the loose mesh/texture folders. What confused me is having downloaded other SE mods, with only one .bsa, which seem to have both within them.

Yes its perfectly fine, If you want you can make all into one single BSA by dragging manually the things into the loose file archiver by not running the CK , but I cannot garantee it will work perfectly , because there is a conversion done by CK that is not available in the archiver when run externally .

Though since should be the same tool and probably is not needed the coversion for pc , it might simply work out fine .

From my tests when I did this too it worked fine for PC but didn't work ofc for consolle , now I have used the internal tool for all both PC and Xbox .

Ah, ok. Thank you for the clarification.  I wasn't planning to venture into consoles yet. Was making this mainly for myself and to share on nexus.