CK Script Creation Issue (MO Specific)

TechAngel85

I have an issue in the CK where it will not compile scripts. I have the Scripts.rar file extracted. This error happens for both papyrus fragments and when creating new scripts via "Add" in the CK. The error is always this:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "TestScript01"...
<unknown>(0,0): unable to locate script TestScript01
No output generated for TestScript01, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on TestScript01

However, if I create the script in Nopepad++ and compile it there, it will compile in the CK and allow me to work as normal. I posted this on the Bethsoft forum without much luck. I'm hoping someone here might have ran into this before. Also, re-installing the CK doesn't work to fix the issue. I thought it did before and posted as much on the Bethsoft forums, but it seems to still be an issue.

I see on your other thread on the CK forum that you got this working 5 days ago? Did this change since then? Cause what you're running into should have been solved by unpacking that Scripts.rar file and putting the flags file in the right place.

It's especially weird that you can create a script in Notepad++ and then the CK can use it. Could it be a file permissions issue? Where is Skyrim actually installed for you?

This is for Skyrim.

I had it working by reinstalling the CK. However, a few days later the issue has returned. Skyrim is installed on a separate drive outside of UAC control. Specifically D:\Steam... I've already unpacked the Scripts.rar and that fixed the flag issue. However, this one still remains it seems. It is always the same:

<unknown>(0,0): unable to locate script TestScript01

I have the Notepad++ set to compile with a separate bat file that I got from here: http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Notepad%2B%2B_Setup#Advanced_Compiler

The CK does write the source file, but not the .PEX file.

Thanks for the help everyone. Nebulous pointed me to a fix that worked. Turns out this is a Mod Organizer specific issue. Documented here: http://forum.step-project.com/topic/6214-howto-use-creationkit-from-mo/ It's just that I've been searching for the error information so I never found this information via searches. The fix for this for MO users is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65578/?

Guess that's one point to WB users.  :X 

Ah, ok. You know, I hadn't even noticed you tagged this as an MO-specific issue in the title :P

So of course I was sitting here scratching my head wondering why it would fail in such an oddly specific way.