Help! None of my settlements are producing anything via workbenches

TheAppleseedCat

There's plenty of resources placed and settlers working them.

Not one settlement is producing water, food or scrap.

If it's a mod confliction, I'm not sure what it could be.

If I get you right, you don't see any water/fruits/vegetables appearing in your workbench.

That's game design, not a bug.

Settlements will produce only if resources are missing to maintain your settlers. Before actually producing anything however, the scripts will first check all settlements connected by supply lines, and if they have a surplus, it will be transferred to those settlements where resources are lacking. Only if values after transfers are lower than a preset minimum, there will be some production.

Same for scavengers: if the number od scrap items in your workbench is above a preset threshold, they stop to produce anything.

The details on how this works are in the DailyUpdateProduceResources function of WorkshopScript.

• Like 1

This sounds like good information.

Last thing I did was go around to the connected settlements and empty the workbenches, only to find that none of them are producing anything anymore.

I've disconnected supply lines and tried waiting days in various locations.

Nothing.

Stored all purifiers, generators, rewired everything.

Nothing..

Reassigned settlers, sent all companions away.

Nothing...

I'm on Xbox and tried googling for the script so I can read it in detail, but I've turned up nothing.

So, what would be my fix route?

I tried removing all resources so it says zero across the board.

Then planted 1 lone carrot.

Waited for days outside the settlement, nothing.

Even though Castle was in a total deficit of everything other than the carrot with 1 settler working it.

Still nothing.

I Really don't wish to start a new file..

Any help, advice or additional explanation would be infinitely appreciated.

Those resources are stored in a separate container which the player cannot access. If you want to make a profit from you farms, you can still harvest the flora manually (crops will be reset to a non-harvested state after one game day). Whether you harvest them or not has no impact on food production stored in the container (food production in the game is essentially an entirely mathematical procedure that only considers the number of crops tended by settlers and the total population).

In survival mode, the surplus water (and only that) is transferred to the workbench.

I've been playing on survival since it came out, I've definitely been receiving food and scrap??

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, made a new game..

I feel like I'm just fucked.