FO4 Mod Requests: Shared Companion XP and Anti-Motion-Sickness

fireundubh

I know mod requests are totally taboo, but I have to make two:

1. Companions don't reward XP when they make kills unless you contribute damage to those kills. The fXPDeathRewardHealthThreshold game setting is broken, so assigning a value of zero to this setting will no longer accomplish the desired outcome, as it did in Skyrim.

2. I, and many others, have trouble playing Fallout 4 because the fluidity of the camera induces varying degrees of motion sickness. (I've still never played beyond reaching Diamond City.) We need something like Plynx's No Motion Sickness mod for Fallout 4. Also, workshop mode needs to allow you to continue wielding a weapon. The weapon acts as a "virtual nose." Your nose in real life actually serves a good purpose other than smell, and the lack of that nose in 3D games is a big contributor to motion sickness (How to Reduce VR Sickness? Just Add a Virtual Nose). I find that workshop mode makes me sick far faster than regular play because of the lack of a virtual nose and the frantic movement of the camera, particularly when scrapping.

#1 can be accomplished with a cloak and a hit manager script.

• Basically, you track combatants in an array, and sort out whether the player hit them, whether they're dead, and who killed them.
  • If the player hits a combatant, you remove that combatant from the array.
  • If any remaining combatants in the array are killed by companions, you reward XP to the player, and remove those combatants from the array.
  • If any remaining combatants in the array are not dead and no longer hostile, you remove those combatants from the array.

#2 needs someone who knows their way around meshes, Havok, and manipulating the properties of the camera.