[Skyrim] A new game without mods

Leonardo

What the title says...

I don't remember when I played Skyrim the last time, but it sure was a long time ago.  And for the first time ever, today I started a new game without having any mods installed just plain vanilla.

I know what mods I'll use, but due to the problems with mods in general I decided to keep a gamesave from my current game just so I can start over if necessary.

I also want to *start a new game* with a clean gamesave in the future if I could do that, because I don't want to re-play everything to this point where I am now.

I'm on my way to High Hrodgar to meet the Greybeards for the first time in-game with Lydia in tow.

Has anyone done that before to start a new game that's based on a gamesave after you can absorb dragon souls?  If you have done that before what would you recommend to do before I start adding mods.

Even if I now have a lot better computer than I had before I am not inrested to use ENB, in fact I am not interested to install anything to enhance the graphics.  Just to mod the game the way I want to play it.