Old save: draugr stand outside their sarcophagus...

ladyonthemoon

... instead of sleeping inside.

So, in my mod, I've put draugr with creature alcove markers inside their sarcophagus. When I load a save made before installing the mod, the draugr stand at their markers, outside the sarcophagus. The lids "explode" normally when the player crosses the trigger.

(I know for sure that everything is done properly, since when I test it with a save made after installing the mod, the draugr are inside their sarcophagus and they pop out as they should when the player crosses the trigger.)

This place being filled with people used to deal with bugs, glitches and the like, I'm asking you: "what's going on?" And what can I do to fix this, since I cannot ask future users to create a new game to play my mod.

It's a an insidious bug. Terra Nova's solution re the sleep package never worked reliably for me.

The best bet is to ensure all components of the ambush are using form version 43. :)

Thank you for your help!

Unfortunately, the sleep package is not guilty, as the draugr actually sleep standing outside their coffin, and the form versions of everything in my mod is 43... I thought it might have been a navmesh problem but after creating it, the problem is still there... :(

Fixed!

The fix consists in setting the draugr and their sit/lay markers "initially disabled" and enabling them via a quest, a set stage trigger and an enable marker. ;)

That's interesting. :)

Is the enable marker linked to the Draugr? Is the set stage trigger activated when Player enters the cell, for example?

That's interesting. :)

Is the enable marker linked to the Draugr? Is the set stage trigger activated when Player enters the cell, for example?

Yes, as I said, both the draugr and their sit/lay markers are "initially disabled" and enabled via a marker. And yes, the set stage trigger is at the entrance of the cell. :)

Edit: it looks like I'll have to do the same outside the cave. Corpses I had spent a lot of time putting in the "right" position do not display as they should when I load an old save, although I set them "don't havok settle" and added the "defaultdisablehavokonload" script to them. Worst: landscape editing doesn't show as it should, and there is no fix for that. :(