2 part question, nif import/export and script spell on hasmagic effect.

ZippyDSMlee

So I tried a few times to take a dagger I made from the silver greatsword and get it into the CK without crashing or being invisible. I have tried copying bsshaderthing branch, linking it deleting the old. Setting bs uv set to 4097 updating tangents….and crash…HALP!! Can someone point me to a tut or walk me through the steps, even the 3ds import exporting settings seomthign ahs to be broken somewhere ><

2nd question  I have a working cloak spell, need a to cast a spell on the undead within the radius of the cloak spell to get damage from the spell when they are on fire.  Used a simple add spell script then in the spell ,I used many has magiceffect or conditionals in the magiceffect base of the spell to fire off the spell and the spell is limited to undead nothing seems to fire off the extra damage. I probly need a more advanced script but where do I start?

Well, I don't use 3DS so can't specifically help if it is an export problem, but perhaps these tips can help you? What I can do is give you tips on how to clean it up in Nifskope (unless it's missing normals, which would be an export problem).

Open up two instances of Nifskope. In one, load your dagger mesh, in the other, load a vanilla iron dagger. Now compare them line by line and set yours up exactly the same.

Some things to watch out for;

- Make sure no two NiTriShapes have the same name. Will cause crashes.

- Check the NiTriShapeData branch for Has Normals equals YES. If it equals no, you did something wrong in 3DS. Expand the line Normals to make sure there's actual data in there. Without normals, your dagger will not be able to hold a texture and be invisible. Check the same for Tangents and Bitangents.

- Check the NiTriShapeData for Vertex Colors Yes/No. If yes, make sure there's a SLSF_2_Vertex_Color flag in the BSLightingShaderProperty options. If no, make sure that flag is not there. Could cause black textures.

- If your dagger has a scabbard, make sure the NiTriShape is named Scb.

Probably the easiest way to set up your new dagger (after checking the above) is to highlight the NiTriShapeData line, right click select Copy, switch to the iron dagger's NiTriShapeData line, right click select Paste Over. This will put your new geometry only into the existing mesh that's already set up, including collision, blood effects and scabbard.

As for the magic effect question, can't help there. :)

• 4 weeks later...