Need some help with my game please

Elgar

Hi,

When the 2.1.3 patches came out I decided to play my ultimate, last, complete playthrough of Skyrim and the DLCs. You see, despite my 780 hours already spent in the game I never finished the main quest, played only half of Dawnguard and never played Dragonborn or Hearthfire.  :P

Since these patches are the last ones before USLEEP and Fallout 4 in a few months, I decided it was the right time to really play the game until its end.

My load order is, I think, tiny and only with safe mods :

Active Mod Files:

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
03  Dawnguard.esm
04  Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
05  HearthFires.esm
06  Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
07  Dragonborn.esm
08  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
09  HighResTexturePack01.esp
0A  HighResTexturePack02.esp
0B  HighResTexturePack03.esp
0C  Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.9]
0D  Cutting Room Floor.esp  [Version 1.1.4]
0E  Tiwa44_Minidresses.esp
0F  Tiwa44_Minidresses_Dragonborn.esp
10  Run For Your Lives.esp  [Version 2.0.5]
11  HoldBorderBanners.esp
12  CWQuartermasters.esp  [Version 1.0]
13  Enchanting Pagan Table.esp
14  Gildergreen Regrown.esp  [Version 1.2.6]
15  Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
16  GoToBed.esp
17  LearnAlchemyFromRecipes.esp
18  Headtracking.esp
19  kuerteeSimpleCamping.esp
1A  kuerteeSimpleCamping MCM.esp
1B  kuerteeFightOrFly.esp
1C  kuerteeFightOrFly MCM.esp
1D  AMatterOfTime.esp  [Version 2.00]
1E  AHZmoreHUD.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
1F  SkyUI.esp
20  Torcs.esp
21  FloraRespawnFix.esp
22  SkyCompleteLegendary.esp
23  ViewableFactionRanksBothDLC.esp
24  When Vampires Attack.esp  [Version 2.0.5]
25  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

As you can see, no fancy combat, weather or world overhaul mods, no AI overhaul mod (I listened to you Arthmoor ;) ), only my favorite mod ever by Kuertee, Fight or Fly, and some well-known little HUD or "immersive" mods.

No ini edits except a very few for shadows. SKSE 1.7.3 of course with default settings for memory patch.

If I need your help it's because I experiment some issues and I can't figure why.

First, it's as if I had memory issues : my game is not really smooth, and sometimes it will even freeze for a few seconds before resuming. It's rare, fortunately, but when it occurs it's often when the weather changes (snow for example).

Second, I arrived to Windhelm and I have incredibly looooong loading times when I enter the town : almost one minute ! I have normal loading times outside Windhelm.

Third, and that was the last straw, I just leaved Candlehearth Hall and a courier approached me and gave me a letter of inheritance informing me that Hillevi Cruel-Sea was dead... What, I'm only level 5, I met this woman yesterday and she's dead ? I didn't even leaved the town (only went on the docks), spent a night in the inn and now she's dead? How ?!

Something is wrong with my game, but what ? New vanilla start, master files cleaned, no virtual folders (I never used MO), no ENB. My Papyrus logs are absolutely clean.

I don't understand. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you !

you got a few mods i don't recognize, so can't comment on them.

a few random ideas: what head tracking mod is that? i know some of the earlier ones are to be avoided. only the newer, very light ones seem to be fine (i still avoid them, i'm a 1st person player most of the time, so the risk vs reward ratio never payes out).

long freezes may be a VRam issue? what's your vram? personally, despite enough vram, i use this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53692/?

animated effect all over my screen: i keep them low res. i use the additional head room for high res textures on statics.

found a few reports of people with a randomly dieing Hillevi, but no resolution.

Start over - completely new game, no savegames.

00 through 08 are ok, add RFYL and When Vampires Attack if you want/need to. Lose everything else, especially SKSE (and anything dependent upon it, like SkyUI) and whatever the f*** a "bashed patch" is. Shouldn't take long to work out whether there's an improvement or not. If there is add something back into the mix. Start over. Rinse, repeat until you find the culprit.

Thank you for your post Gruftlord.

It's Player Headtracking by Maegfaer, but a fixed version by Myztikrice. I have been using it for months without a single issue, so I really doubt it can be the culprit. And I'm almost exclusively a third person player, so it really brings life to my game.

I have a nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti with 1 GB of VRAM, and I have 4 GB of RAM. I know it's an old rig (I planned to change it for Fallout 4), but I use the excellent Performance textures by Gamwich. And I play on High, not on Ultra.

The odd thing is that I never had such issues before. Never. The only new mods I added are RFYL and WVA, but apparently they are made by an experimented modder, so I trust them. ;)

The other new ones are SkyComplete by kefka95 and Viewable Faction Ranks by Reath1, but I scrolled through their comments and I didn't find any report.

SkyUI 5.0 maybe ? SKSE 1.7.3 ? I don't believe it.

I didn't test Windhelm during the beta testing of 2.1.3, have you normal loading times ?

EDIT : Thank you too Screwball. The thing is that during my 780 hours I played always with these mods except the ones I mentioned above and I didn't have issues. Maybe my rig is dying ?

As for the bashed patch, isn't it necessary for leveled lists ? I always have one (and I always rebuild it each time I change my load order).

That is always a possibility with the graphics top of the list (I've killed several over the years). My logic would be to try with the absolute minimum - vanilla game, USKP, no DLC or any other mods. Does it work?

Yes, it's a mod causing the problem. No, the pc is probably on its last legs - which bit I couldn't tell for sure but I'd look at the Graphics first.

I only have one issue and it's a royal PITA when it happens. Whiterun during the CW. FPS is so bad it's almost unplayable. Prior to that, and afterwards, it's fine. Go figure. I can live with it as it's just that one place and only during the CW (either faction - both are bad).

i5-3570K O/C to 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, GTX760 (2GB).

[edit] I don't have a bashed patch. Wouldn't know one if it jumped out and bit me. Apart from the unofficial patches(?) I don't use anything which deals with levelled lists (AFAIK) [/edit]

i don't support Screwball's suggestion. Bashed patch, SkSE and ENBoost are helpful mods, not the opposite.

1GB vram is a bit low for the high res DLC, definitely give the mod i linked a try, maybe add this one to the mix, too: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6387/?. lowering snow resolution may indeed help both with your issue 1 and 2

your new mods do look fine on at first glance, they seem to display some game variables. nothing that requires any permanent scripts to run. though you never know, give it a shot and see how it behaves without them.

found a few reports of people with a randomly dieing Hillevi, but no resolution.

Your comment made me do some research, and at least I found Hillevi. It was a fun investigation, and I had the surprise to find another corpse just next to her ! Apparently something is wrong with the House of Clan Cruel-Sea.

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/gallery/image/3633-hillevi-cruel-sea-and-idesa-sadri/

I opened a ticket : http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/19463-npcs-can-fall-off-the-house-of-clan-cruel-sea/

It seems that the Butcher is not the only assassin in Windhelm.  :P

Well, just for information, my game has been running perfectly for the last two days. The only changes I made was removing the few shadow tweaks in SkyrimPrefs.ini and two debug lines (the ones recommended by Arthmoor for RFYL and WVA) in Skyrim.ini.

Everything is smooth, loading times in Windhelm are back to normal. I reverted to a savegame before the Hillevi and Idesa tragic fall under their house and it didn't happen again. So everything is fine now. :)

Maybe the ini changes did the trick (I'm not even sure), or it was just hiccups of my computer (or graphics card). It was really hot in France these last days. And Windows Update was pretty active with the Windows 10 pre downloading.

I can go on with this playthrough. Thank you guys for your help. :)