Modding trigger engine bug?

Leonardo

This thread is about what is discussed here, well my last post is more or less off topic, so I decided to start this thread to continue the discussion about modding that trigger engine bugs.

I've made some observations of a couple of things for the last 5 years and that include Morrowind, Oblivion and possibly in Skyrim too.

About 5 years ago I started to learn of how to use Wrye Bash and rebuilt my first bashed patch, which is essential for a modded Oblivion.

Anyway, back then I use both Arthmoor's Alternate Start mod and Emma's Companion Vilja mod. I started a new game and pick one of 8 or 9 starting locations in Arthmoor's mod then I went to the location there Vilja was waiting and as soon I step in I notice that she was nude WTF. :blink:

I also checked other NPC's Jauffre, Martin and they was also nude then I started to think, why are these NPC's nude and for unknown reason they are.

After a while I realized that the starting location I picked in Arthmoor's mod gave me a robe (in Oblivion, a robe makes it *impossible* to wear pants without a mod), so I started a new game and pick a different starting location and this time I wanted to be a member in the Fighter's Guild. So when I could look around I notice I had both armor and weapon in my inventory, so I went to meet Vilja a second time and now she was NOT nude.

Again, I checked both Jauffre and Martin and they wasn't nude. Why wasn't she nude this time when she was nude in my previous game?

That's what I've had observed in Oblivion, but like I said I have at least one similar observation in Morrowind and that's about using Pluto's excellent quest mod The Sable Dragon along with another Dark Brotherhood themed mod.

So what has Pluto's mod to do with a Dark Brotherhood themed mod, as Pluto said he was using a hood with an unique ID. I check his mod in CS and found that every body parts had an unique ID, except for these body parts.

The unique ID in his mod is "man_Dark Brotherhood_<body parts>" and from what I understand there are four ID's with the "man_Dark Brotherhood_<body parts>" ID name in Pluto's The Sable Dragon mod.

Not able to find Forearm part in A_DarkBrotherhood_Pauldron_FA.
Not able to find Knee part in A_DarkBrotherhood_F_Greav_K.
Not able to find Knee part in A_DarkBrotherhood_F_Greav_K.
Not able to find Upper Leg part in A_DarkBrotherhood_F_Greav_UL.
Not able to find Upper Leg part in A_DarkBrotherhood_F_Greav_UL.
Not able to find Clavicle part in A_DarkBrotherhood_Pauldron_CL.
Not able to find Clavicle part in A_DarkBrotherhood_Pauldron_CL.

These untouched body parts, as it seems, may trigger an engine bug that makes the Warnings.txt be spammed (the spammed Umbra journal update comes to mind) with these error messages everytime I wanted to play until it's fixed.

Now you may wonder what has a Morrowind mod to do with Oblivion mods and the only logic explanation I can think of is that untouched body parts in a mod could trigger an engine bug like this.

• A spammed Warnings.txt for Morrowind
  • Untouched body parts in Oblivion will make NPC to be nude

Does this make any sense to you?

Also note that there is nothing wrong with Pluto's mod or the other Oblivion mods and to my knowledge all mods are safe to use. Thanks for reading. :)