Texture Blending

VaultDuke

Hello, i have a quick question:

does someone know which seting handles the texture blending (mostly on the ground) in Skyrim? is it something on the texture, within the esp, or the mesh?

thanks

Texture blending? Like laying down landscape and how you can use dirt and grass?

It's the NiAlphaProperty of a mesh that provides the transparency so that only 'grass' shows (for example) and can be laid over dirt. This comes from the Alpha channel of a texture file.

yes, i meant the smooth transitions from gress to stones and dirt textures on the ground, and also the way e.g. the dirt is applied to the corners and edges of the streets in whiterun.

in some playes this doesn't work correctelly. so it is a matter of flipping the right flag on the mesh? hm, this might turn out to be a project too vast :D

I think we're talking about two different things.

A ground mesh that meets up with a street mesh may not always blend properly, and there's no fixing that. Especially in the "cities" where most of the ground are their own nif files and not specifically landscape like out in the wilds. Bethesda usually "hid" those kinds of things with smaller dirt piles or rocks.