Unofficial Mod Exceeding Patch

daventry

Im wondering if you Patchers could make a UMEP so my Game can think i havent reached the 255 Limit yet, becuase it has and my Game is freaking out, so now im Forst to Delete some of my Best Mods.

I doubt that's anything we could do. :shrug:

Your best bet would be to start merging some mods with TES5Edit.

Whats Wrye Bash and what does it do.

I also noticed, if i dont use BOSS, the Game is fine, but the moment i use it, the Game freaks out and this is only when the Mod List exceeds the Limit.

It also seems that i can get Newer Mods while Exceeding the Limit, but as long as i dont use BOSS my Game is fine.

Describe how your game is "freaking out". There could be something else going on here than mod limit.

BOSS, when you run it, is taking into account every mod (and bsa) in your Skyrim\Data folder, and counting it toward the limit. Remove any mods that you are not using. Try to keep that folder clean and happy. Using BOSS is invaluable for proper load order.

Wrye Bash is tool for mod organizing, installing and partial merging feature - the "bashed patch". This feature, in essence, merges certain aspects of all your mods so they can work together. In Skyrim's case it can merge leveled lists, so that if two or more mods touch the same list, instead of the last loaded mod winning, you can enjoy the changes of all the mods.

Put simply, what you ask is not possible. The entire game engine is built around the 255 mod system. There's no option available other than to merge some stuff together to get yourself back under the limit (not as easy as it sounds - no automatic merge tools exist yet) or to start ditching certain mods you can live without that DO NOT contain scripts.

Wrye Bash doesn't have the capacity to handle this problem in Skyrim yet. If it had all of the power of CBash like it does for Oblivion, things might be different and you'd be able to get away with a lot more.

When i reach the 255 Limit and exceed it, my Character goes in Third Person while being Naked

The Screen Flashes with Quests Restarting and SkyUI Resetting its Options.

When i Delete that Exceeded Mod, the Game is fine.

You can't exceed it. The game won't even let you load that way - been there, tried that, it simply doesn't happen. So I don't even know where you're getting the idea that you did.

People everywhere are talking about the Limit of Skyrim is 255, so im just using the word Exceed as an example..

How many Mods do you guys have, i have 255.

I have 100 mods. No need to merge and twist them. I just don't use that many. The game doesn't need to be like Oblivion and everyone having 500 mods installed. (500 = exaggeration btw, don't take me literally for God sake)

Ok, I have to ask. Are you sure you NEED all those mods?  (Btw, I have maybe 20 mods, and enjoy my game quite nicely.)

I've explained above you can merge certain mods with TES5Edit. Any non-script mods, such as new armors or weapons. Check youtube, I believe Gopher has videos of how to do it.

Get Wrye Bash and use a bashed patch. That will also help reduce the number of activated mods in your load order. There's also the fact that you probably have a lot of mods that change leveled lists. Without a bashed patch, the last mod loaded wins, which means you may not even be seeing the changes other mods make. With a bashed patch, you'll see all the changes.

Get yourself organized, it makes for happy gaming.