[Skyrim] Stupid Thiefs

Leonardo

I wonder if anyone have notice this too and that's about the thiefs you occasionally run into through your travels in Skyrim. 

The first thief you probably need to face is the thief along the road to Kynesgrove just before a bridge if you travel with Delphine from Riverwood during the "A Blade in the Dark" quest.

I've always followed Delphine in every new game I started from day one, but I don't know if you'll encounter a thief if you decide to travel alone to Kynesgrove.

Now all that seems to be normal regarding to a thief, but what I doesn't understand is that why can't I get a thief to understand to walk away and leave me alone if I've Lydia or someone else in tow or have more followers than one. 

Of course there is other factors here that can be decisive if the intimidate topic will be successful or not, but so far I haven't succeeded to convince a thief to walk away by just intimidating a thief via dialogue even if my Speech skill is over 40 and I've 2 or more followers in tow which is in my case Lydia, Vilja plus I followed Delphine to Kynesgrove during that "A Blade in the Dark" quest.

Why is that thief so stupid to understand that he/she doesn't have the chance to survive if the player gets attacked?  Thoughts, comments anyone.