[Skyrim] Ghosting mods in Wrye Bash?

Leonardo

For a hour or so I've tested a few things with both Skyrim launcher and Wrye Bash just to see if there were a way to let Wrye Bash detect only active mods in the leveled lists while rebuilding the bashed patch.

My conclusion is that only plugins.txt in the C:\<User>\<Username>\AppData\Local\Skyrim folder I mention here can and will detect any active mod that's properly added in the leveled lists in Wrye Bash, but I also found that the only way to let a deactivated mod to be excluded in the leveled lists is to hide it.

So if you hide a mod then the Skyrim launcher will detect it as such a mod that isn't active, but ghosting a mod in Wrye Bash aren't sufficient you must hide it otherwise the Skyrim launcher will still detect it.

I also check the ghosting a mod feature there is in Wrye Bash and despite a mod is ghosted the mod it self will be detected in the leveled lists, so I think the ghosting a mod feature as it's today can be disable or even removed from the code of Wrye Bash because it won't work properly with a detected mod in the leveled lists.

To summarize it...  What purposes has the ghosting a mod feature in Wrye Bash for Skyrim, if a mod are still detected as an active mod in the leveled lists?

I think you're misunderstanding what ghosting is.

It does allow mods to be included in the bashed patch. If it's specifically a patch mod and deactivated afterward, ghosting it removes it from the total esm/esp limit in the Data folder. It is not for hiding mods.

If you don't want a mod included in the bashed patch, it shouldn't be checked in the first place.

Does that help?

No it doesn't help since I don't to play Dawnguard in Skyrim LE, because the leveled lists still have a ghosted mod detected as *active* despite it has been ghosted and that can you blame Skyrim launcher for causing that.

I've tried over and over again with almost every configuration I can think of, which could have remove a ghosted mod from the leveled lists but no it's still detected as *active*.  Period!

Actually, if the Skyrim launcher is still showing you the mod, it either hasn't been ghosted properly, or the Skyrim launcher itself has a bug. That should not be possible. Case in point, ghosted mods don't show up on the Fallout or Oblivion launchers.

That's what I thought too.  I did ghost all Hi-Res Pack esp+Dawnguard.esm and still they show up in the Skyrim launcher.

Like I said I also check the text files there is in the C:\<User>\<Username>\AppData\Local\Skyrim folder and only hidden those mods prevented the Skyrim launcher to show them at all.