[Skyrim] - Gameplay

Leonardo

I was playing Skyrim the other day when I came to think of something I haven't thought about before, but there is also other things too I would like to discuss so this is the place to bring anything you think could be different about the gameplay in Skyrim.

What I thought is about Lydia and I wonder can you have her as your housecarl before you have started the MQ or not, because if you look at the other cities and afaik all of them has an option for the player to help to the Jarl to become a Thane.  But that's not the case for Whiterun instead you're named Thane by the Jarl Balgruuf the Greater after you have killed Mirmulnir and report it back to Jarl Balgruuf the Greater.  Of course I could miss something here and be dead wrong about this.

I also have my opinion about the player houses in each cities and the Breezehome are the worst consider what you get after paying a lot of money for a house that's piece of junk. :thumbdown:

Another thing I dislike about the gameplay in Skyrim is the dual wielding concept of axes/blades/daggers/maces etc, and sometimes I really miss the traditional fighting style you're used to in both Morrowind and Oblivion except for the blocking technique in Oblivion which is automatic in Morrowind based of what block skill you have in-game.

So what do you want to discuss then open your mind and let others hear you loud and clear. :smile:

• 1 month later...

What I find strange about the Lydia / Housecarl concept is that, if you side with the Imperials.... Balgruuf reiterates your appointment to Thaneship even if you are already a Thane via the MQ at the the conclusion of Battle of Whiterun. Did he forget that you are already a member of the the court? The Breezehome purchase cost is not really a lot of money , the  value of what you bought is questionable. What I find far more irksome are the requirements for buying Hjerim especialy if you are loathe to join the Stormcloaks, if you are a strict RP er by the time you can own it..it's almost irrlevant.

What I find strange about the Lydia / Housecarl concept is that, if you side with the Imperials.... Balgruuf reiterates your appointment to Thaneship even if you are already a Thane via the MQ at the the conclusion of Battle of Whiterun. Did he forget that you are already a member of the the court?

That sounds like a dialogue bug to me unless you don't have the generated SEQ file from CK in Steam.

I search on my HDD just to see if I remember the correct extension for the .SEQ file and I was a little surprised for not having a Dragonborn.seq file in the \Skyrim\Data\Seq folder.

The question is should I've that or not when I still running the 1.8 patch.

The SEQ file has nothing to do with that. The ones for the official DLCs are inside the BSA files btw, and for vanilla it's in Update.bsa.

If Balgruuf is doing that it's definitely a bug in the dialogue chain, but IIRC, there may not be anything we could do about it without requiring new dialogue recordings.

Buying Hjerim doesn't require loyalty to the Stormcloaks. Just the completion of a quest after you've arrived in Windhelm for the 4th time.

The SEQ file has nothing to do with that. The ones for the official DLCs are inside the BSA files btw, and for vanilla it's in Update.bsa.

If Balgruuf is doing that it's definitely a bug in the dialogue chain, but IIRC, there may not be anything we could do about it without requiring new dialogue recordings.

Buying Hjerim doesn't require loyalty to the Stormcloaks. Just the completion of a quest after you've arrived in Windhelm for the 4th time.

All houses require relationship rank of greater than/equal to 2 with the Jarl; the only way to get that with the Windhelm Jarl is either put Free-Winter on the throne or become Ulfric's asset.

Negative. I've purchased Hjerim before without having to join the Stormcloaks. In fact, my Empire loving archmage did precisely that before Brunwulf was on the throne. Granted, it was also before he joined the legion too.

I see.

Can you explain to me why I found Hearthfire.seq in the \Skyrim\Data\Seq folder and I don't recall I generated that seq file from CK in Steam.

You had to have generated that yourself. The one for HF is inside the BSA like all the others.

No I don't think so.  I did generate a SEQ file but that was for Vilja in Skyrim IIRC which was earlier this year, so it must be downloaded when I bought Heartfire via Steam just after Dragonborn was out and I bought both of them at the same time plus I bought every DLC for Napoleon TW (some DLC for Empire TW) too.  After my shopping session was over I only have 2€ left of 40€ I spent with two pre-payed Steam card.

Except Steam doesn't install them loose like that. Either you generated it yourself, or another mod had a copy of it loose for some reason and was installed that way.