[RELz] AFK_Tweaks

Dwip

AFK_Tweaks

Version: 1.5

Date: 1/9/2011

Author: Dwip

Overview

Dwip's personal tweaks file. Makes a wide variety of changes to basic Oblivion, including skill progression, cosmetic changes, new clothes and armor, new loot, and new variety to enemy leveled lists. See the changelog for details.

Requirements

• Oblivion patched to the latest version. Shivering Isles is not required.
  • OBSE v0018 or higher.

Installation

Installing with BAIN (preferred):

• Uninstall any previous version of AFK_Tweaks.
  • Move the AFK_Tweaks archive to your Oblivion ModsBash Installers directory.
  • Open Wrye Bash, and click the Installers tab. Select AFK_Tweaks.
  • Right click the AFK_Tweaks package in the packages list and click Install.
  • In the Mods tab, make sure AFK_Tweaks.esp is selected.
  • Make sure everything is in the proper order either manually or by using BOSS.
  • Rebuild your Bashed Patch.

Installing Manually:

• Uninstall any previous version of AFK_Tweaks by deleting AFK_Tweaks.esp.
  • Open the AFK_Tweaks archive. Extract all files and folders to Oblivion/Data.
  • In your mod manager of choice, make sure AFK_ICTempleCleanup.esp is selected.
  • Make sure everything is in the proper order either manually or by using BOSS.

Compatibility

AFK_Tweaks is likely incompatible with most other overhaul mods. Use at your own risk..

Licensing and Legal

Please DO NOT redistribute or reupload this mod without my express permission.

Please DO feel free to use anything in this mod you think is worth using as a basis for your own modding efforts. This includes using AFK_Tweaks as a base for your own mods (which does not include new versions of AFK_Tweaks!). If you have a question, please ask. In all cases I would appreciate being notified and being given credit for my work.

Contact

Bethesda Softworks Forums: Dwip

TES Nexus: afk_dwip

Version History

Version 1.5 (1/9/10)

• Applied UOP fixes to FGC10Troll (No low level processing, AI).
  • Applied UOP fixes to CreatureXivilai (Sounds).
  • Applied UOP fixes to CreatureLichNether (Blood spray).
  • Applied UOP fixes to GoblinTribeShamanF (Name fix).
  • Applied UOP fixes to UpperSilverGlass01 (Name fix).
  • Applied UOP fixes to UpperPitcherCeramic01 and UpperPitcherCeramic02 (Icon).
  • Applied UOP fixes to Gem2TopazFlawless, Gem3Ruby, Gem5Emerald, and Gem6Diamond (Icon).
  • Edited Bash tags list.

Version 1.4 (9/18/10)

• Removed blood from ARFloorSmasher01.nif
  • Re-equipped Burd after MQ10 so he has undamaged equipment

Version 1.3 (8/23/10)

• Advanced trainer quests now close if PC base skill is 100 or greater
  • Fixed rusty steel shield texture glitch
  • Spruced up scale mail textures
  • New dark monk, lamellar, scale mail, rusty steel icons
  • Menus80 and Menus50 icons added
  • New KOTN-themed monk robes, cloaks
  • Made all new armor for sale at Fire and Steel in Chorrol
  • Made dark monk/KOTN clothing for sale by Sister Fiora in the Weynon Priory Lodge

Version 1.2 (8/6/10)

• Generic goblin warlord health cut by 1/2
  • Goblin shaman health cut slightly
  • Reworked goblin leveled lists for better goblin variety at higher levels
  • Added goblin acolytes, who sometimes appear instead of skirmishers
  • Added goblin skullcleavers, who sometimes appear instead of shamans in melee lists

Version 1.1 (7/29/10)

• Revamped marauder and bandit armor leveled lists
  • Level limits placed on goblins, minotaur lords, ogres, high level trolls, xivlai, dremora markynaz, and gloom wraiths
  • Slightly reworked dremora leveled lists to provide for better dremora variety
  • Tweaked mana regeneration rate slightly back towards vanilla

Version 1.0 (7/6/10)

• Initial public release
  • Faster improvement rate for Mercantile
  • Slightly faster mana regeneration
  • Added mana perks for reaching journeyman/master/expert rank in a magic skill
  • Added lamellar, scale mail, and rusty steel armors
  • Changed bandit and marauder armor lists to incorporate new armors and to keep lower-leveled armors around at high levels
  • Added dark monk robes, capes, and cloaks
  • Most hair can now be used by most races
  • Silver, ceramic, pewter, gems, various clutter given slightly better value
  • Liches and nether liches now carry scrolls
  • Disease dialogue is now near the top of the list so that it will be seen

Re-equipped Burd after MQ10 so he has undamaged
Er, undamaged what? Or is this part of the cut-off posts thing?Btw, ever thought of doing everyone an FPS favour and adding the removal of every single damn firefly, or is that an exercise in futility?I can't even see the stupid things but I know they're there when I stutter.

That's a fairly severe change to make. It would be far less prone to compatibility issues to simply neuter the static instead. Direct it to a null.nif or something else that doesn't render. Personally I've never had issues with the fireflies or moths or whatever, I hardly even notice them.

It's part of that bug in QSFP. The one where I just randomly forget to type words. Words like "equipment" for instance.Which is to say that as best I can figure out, Burd's stuff was all damaged when he came out of the gate, so I've attempted to fix that.And I can actually see the fireflies sometimes, so.

Your readme has a flaw:

In your mod manager of choice, make sure AFK_ICTempleCleanup.esp is selected.
I'm sure folks will be mildly confused at being told to select something that doesn't exist :PThere's also a few scattered fixes from the UOP that it would be good to port over.Load order is proving to be problematic for us TIE users. There doesn't appear to be any possibility of reconciling the goblin stuff without a patch, and even then that might not work out.You'll want to use {{BASH:Invent,Hair}} on this, and at the very least mention it needs to be loaded before TIE. TIE edits pretty much every NPC and creature you do, so you need the Invent tag to get your inventory changes to come through. Hair for obvious reasons, you edited race records that plenty of quest mods delight in needlessly touching.

That reminds me that my son had complained that he couldn't get bash/boss to resolve a load order issue he was having. I really need to get him to sign up for either this site or iguanadons so he can ask y'all about it...

Wait... your son plays Oblivion? And you want to expose him to us? :crazy:

It would be far less prone to compatibility issues to simply neuter the static instead. Direct it to a null.nif or something else that doesn't render.
You say that like I'd know how.

Wait... your son plays Oblivion? And you want to expose him to us? :crazy:
Hmm, maybe I shouldn't be that mean to y'all ;) ...but you guys would be far more able to help him resolve his Oblivion issues than I am... :shrug:

There's also a few scattered fixes from the UOP that it would be good to port over.
Since I just saw this - what fixes?

FGC10troll needs a "no low level processing" flag, along with the aaaCreatureInterior512AllowFalls AI pack. Up to you whether or not you want the intelligence adjustment that was given.CreatureXivilai should have the NPCXivilaiAware sound applied instead of the zombie one.CreatureLichNether is missing the blood spray model and icon. EffectslichBloodSpray.NIF and EffectslichBloodDecal.dds should be assigned.GoblinTribeShamanF had its name updated to Three Feather Goblin Shaman (not Feathers).UpperSilverGlass01 had its name changed to Silver Cup.UpperPitcherCeramic01 and UpperPitcherCeramic02 had their icons changed to ClutterUppericonupperpitcher02.ddsGem2TopazFlawless had its icon changed to ClutterGemsIconTopazFlawless.ddsGem3Ruby had its icon changed to ClutterGemsIconRubyFlawed.ddsGem5Emerald had its icon changed to ClutterGemsIconEmeraldFlawed.ddsGem6Diamond had its icon changed to ClutterGemsIconDiamondFlawed.ddsAll of which are easily fixed in TES4Edit. Filter like you're about to do a cleaning, but have the UOP and AFK_Tweaks loaded and then just look for the red entries. The two cells that will show up you can ignore, that's just the stupid fog fix thing.

• 3 months later...

Updated (finally) to 1.5 to encompass the Bash tags and UOP fixes Samson suggested upthread.

I tried to post the below this morning, but as it turns out, not only wouldn't it let me post at the time, when I downloaded the new AFK_Tweaks it was zero length at completion, so I guess I get to try again.. (*sigh* Yesterday was really not my day. :cry:):--------- Original Message ------------- :cool: I'll just go snag my copy of the updated version then.. ;)[Edit, sorta]:

the forums[/url]]Fatal ErrorThe QSF Portal software has experienced a fatal error and is unable to process your request at this time. Unfortunately any data you may have sent has been lost' date=' and we apologize for the inconvenience.A detailed report on exactly what went wrong has been sent to the site owner and will be investigated and resolved as quickly as possible.[/quote']:SIGH:

Well, I just tried to upload a new copy of the archive, and it came out zero length as well, so something's up. The archive I'm trying to upload doesn't seem to be the problem.

How rude. Fatal error messages with no error email sent. So what exactly is the problem? Failed updates or failed initial uploads?

I just tried to download the AFK_Tweaks update and the AFK_Froscrag stuff and both downloaded as 0 byte archives. And fail to extract, stating that they're either in an unknown format or damaged.

Well that was a rather embarrassing bit of fubar coding, but it's fixed now.The downside is that every file updated since the 4th needs to be updated again as the entries for them are all corrupt.

Oops? :lol:At least it got fixed fairly quickly once you knew about it. :)Well done Samson, I'll happily go redownload the update from Dwip tonight. And thanks for sharing it with us, Dwip, always very appreciated. :)