Will TES5Edit and Dump do what I want?

Hana

Oblivion was so straight forward and easy when it came to armor and body slot relationships. Skyrim's blown that out of the water. So, I'm trying to understand the new relationships between the nifs and the armor as created in the CK.I know TES5Dump can dump a txt record of skyrim.esm, but I don't want all of skyrim.esm. I want a dump of only the Armor records and the Armor Addon records.If I understand Edit correctly, I can copy these records I want into a new .esp? Then I can dump that? How does copying records work exactly? (I need specifics, I'm a total noob)Is there any other way to pull this information?

Open up Edit, find the Armor group. Right click on it -> deep copy as override -> new fileDo the same with the armor addon group.That should produce the kind of file you want.Copying is pretty straightforward. You end up with a copy of exactly what you're seeing in the program.

Oh good, glad I asked. I was going to use the "copy as new record into.." option.And good to know it copies from group headings.Worked perfect. Now to get Dump working ...

Seriously Beth? Could you be any more sloppy?EditorID: EnchArmorSteelBootsStamina03Name: Steel Armor of Major StaminaEditorID: EnchArmorSteelBootsStamina02Name: Steel Boots of StaminaEditorID: EnchArmorSteelBootsStamina01Name: Steel Boots of Minor StaminaWhat's wrong with this picture? Hint: the first one. :facepalm: I've barely made a dent in this armor dump I'm going through and I've already found tons of errors. I dunno if the USKP has fixed any of them or not, I'll check it later.

You're gonna be busy. I'll eventually report them all. :P (Just found 3 orcish boots the same way)

Just make sure they aren't already fixed, cause I don't like weeding out duplicates :P