Skyrim Patch 1.8.151.0.7 Released

Arthmoor

From the official announcement:

Update 1.8 (all platforms unless specified) General memory and stability improvements Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly
Files which updated with this release:Update.esmUpdate.bsaSkyrim - Misc.bsaStringsUpdate_English.STRINGSInterfaceTranslate_ENGLISH.txtSkyrim - Misc.bsa usually contains scripts, so if you're planning to update, be aware of this. Also these interface updates might break SkyUI in some fashion.That last issue on the changelog was probably supposed to be "doors" instead of "door", I can't imagine a patch note covering a single door rather than multiple doors.

Also, an unlisted change. There's a new fix in Update.esm for Louis Letrush to stop him from duplicating at the Whiterun Stables.Update.esm has a new version tag bumping it up to 1.70 and the CK will not load it. This change is not yet known to be intentional or not.

Looks like spear lovers will be happy with the new DLC. There's animation files for spears cropping up in the file analysis threads.Also, WTF is a Benthic Lurker? People talking about it like we should know and be excited to death about it.

Finishing off Game Jam, I see. Good Bethesda, good.But take note: there be pain and suffering in your future if you do not add in Giant Enemy Mudcrabs.

They denied us the skeletal butler, don't count on seeing the giant mudcrab anytime soon :P

New Beta version is up (v 1.8.151 is up on Steam)BUG FIXES General stability improvements Fixed issue with horse animations
Well, the horse thing is better than it was anyway.

Why does the phrase "one step forward, two steps back" always come to mind when they release a new patch?

Probably because all these memory optimizations are rooting out bugs in their code they didn't know they had.

Gee, that's never happened before.Is it bad that I saw the bit about the horses, and immediately said "yes, but what of bayonet animations?"

Spears my boy. Spears. TES isn't advanced enough for bayonets. They aren't the US Marine Corp. :)Does raise questions since we know the next DLC has spears. Have they thought about mounted spears?I seem to recall too that even those of us who coded for MUDs ran into this issue when "cleaning up" code.

So one of the things we expected to come was a new armor related sub-record - BO2T I believe.Has anyone figured out where it's used yet? Can someone provide a picture (preferably in Edit) that shows this value being used?(No, I haven't updated yet)

You'll see the BOD2 subrecord in at least two places, in race records and armor records.

http://s9.postimage.org/imltw8zzx/bod2armor.jpg

http://s17.postimage.org/59tauulvx/bod2race.jpg

Only the race records were updated in Update.esm. None of the armor records were, but they will pick up the new data as they're saved in the new CK.

The purpose behind it appears to be an optimization. Possibly one targeted toward consoles, or maybe even just the PS3 specifically. I can't see much other reason to eliminate the Flags section since on PC that data is an insignificant amount of memory.

This was also the change that made CK 1.6.91 incompatible with Skyrim 1.6.89. No idea why Dawnguard didn't have widespread use of BOD2 subrecords.

• 3 months later...

No, crossbows are weapons and they're not affected by the BOD2 change.

Also, unrelated, Dragonborn's CK scripts dropped about 90 minutes ago. Right on top of my USKP files. 211 vanilla scripts with unknown changes made, just thrown in without warning. I hate you Valve. I hate you so much.

Oh I thought it was the crossbows since they're new stuff added by Dawnguard.

That sounds a little messed up if you ask me.  Hope you'll find the source for this changes.  Good luck. :smile: