Dawnguard DLC Released on Steam

Arthmoor

Dawnguard for PC is out. Could they have had any less fanfare about it? Almost like they didn't want to release it or something.

It's an ESM file, which begs the question of how it will behave with the busted dialogue system.

A CK update will also be required as it's been reported to crash the CK trying to load it.

Which begs the question ... since every single DLC for Beth games has been an .esp, why the hell is this an .esm? :blink:

I'm really torn about whether to get this right now or not. I have a feeling that I will feel the same way about it as Hana does, but I do like testing stuff, and I may very well find myself needing to test stuff that is dependent on this.

Every DLC for both Fallout games was an ESM so this isn't a complete surprise. Though the bugfixing done in Patch 1.6 and 1.7 lead to speculation that it might be an ESP file.

I finished the main quest yesterday playing on the DG side. I tried out the vampire side long enough to realize that you can't be in vampire form in first person. I don't play third person so that was out for me. It is a well done quest, although there were some glitches. I haven't done most of the side quests.

Ok, so I can play in first person, as long as I am not in Vampire Lord form. I decided to give the vampire branch of the main quest a try. Can't get past stage 10 of "Bloodstone Chalice" because the person that I need to talk to doesn't have the required dialogue available.

Well I have no idea about the vampire side of things but so far the Dawnguard side of things has been flawless. Aside from two scripts that they didn't update properties for on their base objects and one missing north marker anyway.

Well I have no idea about the vampire side of things but so far the Dawnguard side of things has been flawless. Aside from two scripts that they didn't update properties for on their base objects and one missing north marker anyway.
I did report it.http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1402253-bloodstone-chalice-wont-advance/It may be evidence of issues with that dialogue bug in esms. So far as I can tell, no one else has reported it, but I'm not sure many people are trying the vampire side of things.

• 1 month later...

So... I finally took the plunge and turned my archmage Breton guy into a vampire and started the vampire side of Dawnguard. Well, wouldn't you know it, the same quest Ysne mentioned in August has blocked me as well, only at a different point and for a different reason I can't make out yet.Upon trying to return to Castle Volkihar to complete the quest (I assume anyway) the game simply dumps to desktop. No Windows error, no warning, just BAM. CTD. So I reload. Get back to the outside of the castle, and save this time. BAM. CTD. Reload, try two more times with the same result, and once more after that with an endless hang.Papyrus put this into the log all 5 times when the game choked, so I'm going to assume it's somehow to blame:

[09/28/2012 - 01:09:47AM] [DLC1VampireSleepScript ]PlayerActivateBed() IsCoffin =False
Needless to say, door to castle is not a bed. So WTF?