TESV DLC: Dawnguard

Hana

Time to start an official discussion thread for Dawnguard. I'll try not to post too many spoilers before everyone gets it. :lol: Feel free to ask questions, as the wiki is sparse so far.Now that I've finished it from the Dawnguard perspective, just wanted to post this little tidbit for anyone who didn't know. It kind of pissed me off that they would do this.

You need the elder scroll from the MQ. Luckily I still had it in my inventory all this time. If you've sold it to Urag, I think you can buy it back (from what I've read, no confirmation).

I'll be running through it again from the vampires perspective on my other character.

Well, this is The Elder Scrolls, after all. They HAVE to show up in one way or another. It's been a tradition since... 2006? :tongue:

Sure they do, but this is the 3rd time ... it's getting old. :P

And apparently someone has told me that Dawnguard allows arrow crafting' date=' which will invalidate a substantial portion of one of my own mods as long as the DLC is installed. [/quote']Yes, this is true.

Of course, what would the Elder Scrolls series be without it's staple; a skooma den. banana.gif Yes folks, never fear. It's here.

Strangest new quest ever.....Every time you buy Dwarven arrows, from anyone, a courier will run up to you with a note from Calcermo. When you go to Markarth to speak to him, he wants to buy a dwarven arrow from you .... for 8-10 gold.Unless you tell him to hit it and find his arrows somewhere else, it just keeps repeating. I have no idea yet if this leads to something else. I'll keep doing it on my second run through (first run thru I had enough) to see if it does. But man, it's getting annoying.No idea why they added this to Dawnguard.

They didn't. That's a vanilla quest that may or may not have been broken all this time.Speaking of arrows, can you confirm the ability to craft arrows and what the recipes are for those?

Wow, it was seriously broken then. It wasn't even fixed with 1.6 patch, it didn't start till Dawnguard. Does it lead to anything or am I just a dumb lackey?Arrow crafting = yes. You don't even need to reach a certain point, it's just there in the smithing menu.24 arrows requires 1 firewood + 1 metal ingot that's related to the type you want to make.Also, playing the vampire line now. I'm not sure if they could have made it any more complicated to be a vampire and use your powers. It takes a good 10 seconds to transform in and out of vampire lord form...so don't do it while under attack already. Plus the fact your wings make it difficult to go through smaller doorways and especially trying to get around in caves. The forced 3rd person, which I hate, is even more difficult.The MQ of each storyline follows a similar path, yet at some points it just doesn't make sense from a vampire perspective. Like, I wandering in the castle and being attacked by skeletons and gargoyles. Gargoyles are a symbol of vampires, why make them hostile just because they were for the Dawnguard?

• 1 month later...
Bethesda just came out of the closet.This right here is their confession that the PS3 version of Skyrim is utterly hosed. It's at the point where it may not even be possible to release DLC on the console.My advice to Bethesda: get outside help NOW. Your own team of programmers have failed spectacularly, and it's become abundantly clear you have no clue what you are doing on the PS3. But if you have tried everything you could to save the engine on the PS3 version with no success and even outside help is unable to get it in line, you owe it to the PS3 crowd to provide a formal apology and offer refunds for anyone who may wish to return the game.This may spell the end of Bethesda's PS3 support altogether, too. After the colossal mess that was Skyrim, they may deem the PS3 too much of a hassle and drop it from the roster.IGN has a small article on this posted.

God help us if they don't switch to a new engine for the next Fallout game. But considering they mentioned around the time they announced Skyrim that they had two projects going, one of which had only just been started...I'm not too hopeful.

That really had to hurt for them to get GStaff to post that. The waves of rage must be mighty indeed. I agree it's probably time they outsource to someone who has PS3 experience. They clearly can't handle it on their own.Prettyfly, don't get your hopes up. The "Creation Engine" is going to have one more game in it for sure, they're not about to throw it out now. So count on Fallout 4 being the next title to use it, and count on that being a launch title for the next XBox.