Ulfric Stormcloak: Thalmor sleeper agent?

Sigurð Stormhand

OK, who's putting all this crap in the TES wiki?http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/ThalmorDescribes Ulfric as a "sleeper agent for the Thalmor"http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/ThoronirThoronir involved in "human" trafficking, will not do business with Beast races.There was an entry about how Alessia Ottus kept prisoners in her basement - that appears to be gone.WTF?

OK' date=' who's putting all this crap in the TES wiki?

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thalmor

Describes Ulfric as a "sleeper agent for the Thalmor"

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thoronir

Thoronir involved in "human" trafficking, will not do business with Beast races.

There was an entry about how Alessia Ottus kept prisoners in her basement - that appears to be gone.

WTF?[/quote']That is not the UESPWiki. Of course you can expect trolls to input wrong incorrect information anywhere.

OK' date=' who's putting all this crap in the TES wiki?

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thalmor

Describes Ulfric as a "sleeper agent for the Thalmor"

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thoronir

Thoronir involved in "human" trafficking, will not do business with Beast races.

There was an entry about how Alessia Ottus kept prisoners in her basement - that appears to be gone.

WTF?[/quote']

That is not the UESPWiki. Of course you can expect trolls to input wrong incorrect information anywhere.

I know it's not the UESP - that wasn't my point.

Well apparently someone swiftly changed the Thalmor article. Good thing, because I might have rage edited that myself :PI have no idea where this crap with Thoronir came from as I've had both Argonian and Khajiit characters do business with him. I suspect someone is using a mod. There's no evidence in vanilla that Thoronir is anything but Argamir's patsy.I didn't bother checking on the Ottus thing, but that doesn't sound legit either.

Well apparently someone swiftly changed the Thalmor article. Good thing' date=' because I might have rage edited that myself :P

I have no idea where this crap with Thoronir came from as I've had both Argonian and Khajiit characters do business with him. I suspect someone is using a mod. There's no evidence in vanilla that Thoronir is anything but Argamir's patsy.

I didn't bother checking on the Ottus thing, but that doesn't sound legit either.[/quote']I actually loaded the CS and looked in her basement.Nadda.It's just wierd. Me thinks someone has been playing too much Dragon Age and is reading it back into fairly mild stuff in Oblivion. I would not, for example, described Alessia Ottus as "extremely racist" so much as "lives in the Imperial city and doesn't know anything about the real world."

OK' date=' who's putting all this crap in the TES wiki?http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/ThalmorDescribes Ulfric as a "sleeper agent for the Thalmor"[/quote']Not sure what it used to say, but he is. Of course we could have differing opinions on what a sleeper agent is.

He might have started off as a willing accomplice, but it's clear by the time the game actually starts that he's not interested in one bit of what the Thalmor are offering. It's also plausible that the dossier on him contains deliberate misinformation in the event the records are captured.I don't know what incident the dossier refers to, having played out Helgen several times, but there was absolutely no indication that Elenwen was there to somehow see him set free. The elves on their horses weren't close enough to the carts to be of any use, and were nowhere to be seen as everyone was being led to the block.I'd hate to think this was a case of two different developers not paying attention to each other's lore or something.

He might have started off as a willing accomplice' date=' but it's clear by the time the game actually starts that he's not interested in one bit of what the Thalmor are offering. It's also plausible that the dossier on him contains deliberate misinformation in the event the records are captured.

I don't know what incident the dossier refers to, having played out Helgen several times, but there was absolutely no indication that Elenwen was there to somehow see him set free. The elves on their horses weren't close enough to the carts to be of any use, and were nowhere to be seen as everyone was being led to the block.

I'd hate to think this was a case of two different developers not paying attention to each other's lore or something.[/quote']I dunno, TES lore can be pretty shoddy in places. For example, how long do Elves live? Barenziah is 400 odd by the time of Arena and not even middle aged. We know Eleves mature at the same rate as other races, but it seems they live much longer, Dagail is old enough to be senile, so she's what, 800? Sinderion was looking pretty ropey in Oblivion but....On the other hand, none of these elves seem to know anything from before Talos ascended, or even from before Urial Septim came to the throne.

Or perhaps that dossier really is a piece of planted information constructed as an elaborate ploy to try and draw the Blades out of hiding? If so, it worked fabulously since Delphine knew they had something, she just didn't know what.

I think we can all agree he's obviously turned against the Thalmor. Didn't they go back on their word regarding Talos worship after the Markarth war?The UESP does say Elenwen was having a conversation with Tullius as the cart was moving, but I have no idea, I've only done it once. I forget, were we sent to get Ulfric's dossier along with Esbern and Delphine's? Or did it just happen to be there too? I'm not getting the connection between him and the Blades though.

Actually it was the Empire who promised to allow the Nords to worship Talos freely and when the Thalmor found out about it, they told the Jarl of Markarth in no uncertain terms that it was either stop worshiping Talos or go to war with the Dominion.Yes, Elenwen was having some kind of conversation with Tullius, but they're too far from the cart to hear it. They may not actually be saying anything at all, just made to look like it.We were sent to find information about dragons. The dossiers I think were just side information but I still think they might have been deliberate misinformation on the part of the Thalmor to try and root out the remaining Blades. They already know about Esbern by that point.

I completed the Storm Cloak side of the civl war. Ulfric's next plan was to go after the Thalmor. So at this point in time, he is definitely not a sleeper agent.

Ulfric's next plan was to go after the Thalmor.
Based on what?I'm a Stormcloak too and don't recall him saying anything about them.

He said it during his victory speech in Solitude. Something about needing to prepare to fight the Thalmor threat.

Ulfric's next plan was to go after the Thalmor.

Based on what?

I'm a Stormcloak too and don't recall him saying anything about them.

Can't say I remember that either but even the dossier said a Stormcloak victory was a bad thing. So it wouldn't be out of place considering their victory restored Talos worship in Skyrim. A war with the Dominion would be inevitable at that point.

I thought it was in the victory speech, but it might have been in conversation afterward. He does talk about fighting the Thalmor at some point though.